Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • the smidsy to outdo all smidsys
  • wwaswas

link from my local paper if you don;t want to visit the daily mail.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10909276.Cyclist_knocked_down_and_pinned_under_car_is__lucky_to_be_alive_/

[edit] although there was nothing in there to say it was the drivers fault – the cyclist said he pulled out of the junction, not the car?

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

As a teenager a 2CV pulled out of a T junction in front of me. Somehow I ended up in the road in front of it and the front wheels went over me. The offside wheels went over the back of my legs, I think the nearside wheels just missed my head.
    The driver of the car was somewhat overweight and I remember not being able to breathe properly as I lay crossways under the middle of the car. When the driver got out, the car rose up on its suspension and I could crawl out.
    I escaped with cuts and bruises, the worst injury required 2 stitches. Despite a head injury and a short period of unconsciousness, I wasn’t kept in overnight at hospital – something I find amazing when I look back on it.
    I am sure that if I had been wearing a helmet it would have been rolled round by the underside of the car and broken my neck.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yep, nothing re fault to infer from the article other than the cyclist was pulling out.

Lester
    Free Member

i meant smidsy that the cyclist didnt see the car!!

dabble
    Free Member

reading the comments on the argus article it sounds like the junction it happened at has a blind spot and a number of other accidents had been caused previously due to it being a dangerous junction to emerge from. lucky dude, should buy a lottery ticket.

DrP

It’s a ‘moderately’ dangerous junction… Not really a blind one as such, but it’s right next to a busy crossing so everyone wants to scream away when the barriers are up. The ‘general flow’ of traffic isn’t along the ‘right of way’ road, but all cars generally take the exit turning immediately after the crossing, and rarely indicate as it’s ‘unusual to carry on straight’…

Poor chap being hit by a car, but as has been said – doesn’t imply who’s at fault really.

DrP

project
    Free Member

Poor chap, ythe indignity of being mounted by a CHEVROLET, AND FEATURED IN THE daily mail.

The shame of it.But glad he is ok.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

DOES NO ONE KNOW HOW TO USE A **** JACK ANYMORE?!?!

Granted probably not best to move him, but at least jack the car up off him for heavens sake.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘the smidsy to outdo all smidsys’ is closed to new replies.