Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 149 total)
  • The Singletrack Glitterati Soap Opera (Appreciation Thread).
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

luckily CFH, i didn’t have the same predilection for showing my tadger that some of the other early stwers did so no one will ever know (except mrsmw and she no longer posts on here)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Emsz – you’re noticable on here because you are a YOUNG female who rides bikes – this blinds the STW denizens so much your actual sexuality doesn’t register with us, we’re still amazed that women really do ride bikes! 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s Emsz’ sexuality got to do with owt?

Quite a lot in this game of cat and mouse…

Oh and to me your noticable as we have a laugh and you talk rubbish on the same threads that I do.

I’m not hairy! It’s a suit I wear… all will be revealed in season 42 episode 12.

emsz
    Free Member

Muddydarwf I only came here ‘cos mentioning Bottom Brackets on pinksofa gets an entirely different answer!

Edit. I get to be Jerry, ok? I always thought he was a bit gay anyway!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

<goes of to google pinksofa with increased heartrate…..>

allthegear
    Free Member

ah – pinksofa – that will be the dating site that is banned by Vodafone but match.com isn’t…

Rachel

muddydwarf
    Free Member

<googled>

Oh, don’t think i’ll go there…… 😳 😳

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I get to be Jerry, ok?

… and because Tom never gets what he wants! 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Darwf???? (Can i flounce now Mr Director???)

allthegear
    Free Member

muddydwarf – it’s not quite as exciting as you make out!!!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Rachel – i googled, then actually blushed, didn’t even click on the link !

molgrips
    Free Member

Interesting that anything which deviates from an assumed ‘norm’ then becomes a defining feature of a person

Not really. When I worked in Finland I was that British chap. When I worked in Aldershot, I wasn’t. If I had a bunch of gay mates I hung out with I’m sure I’d be described as ‘the straight one’. It’d be a bit daft if we didn’t do that.

“Molgrips. You know, the one of average height. Two eyes, nose, mouth, you know? From Earth?”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I get called “the fat one”. But only behind my back 🙁

EDIT: Oh and by Molly and TSY sometimes

ton

DD, i get called that too……………bastids……. 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Molgrips – you’re absolutely right. I think, though, no matter where I go, I’ll always be described as Tall!!

Rachel

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t mean it Darcy… I don’t even think you are.

I get called hairy and perverted 🙁

Molly’s right though… Does my head in one someone’s trying to describe someone… They’re black, they’re the only black guy in the company, just say bloody say it and stop trying to describe them by the shoes they’re wearing!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

“Tall”

Must be nice… 😥

iDave
    Free Member

There’s been no real evidence that deadly is fat, but there is evidence that fat is deadly.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The script writers find Fred hard to work with, so often he’s silenced.

cinnamon_girl

This thread is amusing me. 8)

Please don’t stop!

cinnamon_girl

Also, stop picking on Elf cos he’s lovely in real life. 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No he’s not C-G, he’s just written that way! 😛

allthegear
    Free Member

“Tall” Must be nice…

Well, it’s handy when lifting the bike off the car but apart from that it’s pain – how many guys do you know that are fine with a gf that is 6 or 7 inches taller than them???

Rachel

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

he’s lovely in real life

Is this not real life? At what point in the script do we find that out???

*is confused*

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Interesting that anything which deviates from an assumed ‘norm’ then becomes a defining feature of a person.

Well, how would you describe the hetereosexual bloke with the wonky eye?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well, it’s handy when lifting the bike off the car but apart from that it’s pain – how many guys do you know that are fine with a gf that is 6 or 7 inches taller than them???

Er me??

Not that i have any choice of course being 5’2″ 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

elfin and C_G Season nine cliff hanger ???

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin, it sort of does define who I am

Cool. I wasn’t having a go at anyone or owt, as I’ve said. Just interested in how people sort of compartmentalise each other according to particular defining features. I spose it simplifies how we are able to describe each other. A sort of social semiotics. On group rides, I’m the ‘little brown one’. I have no problem with that at all, in fact I quite like being particularly unique within a group. But another defining characteristic of myself is that I’m a Londoner, and this is also something that is used by others in defining who I am.

And obviously, if this were a forum where Lesbians were in the majority, then Emsz wouldn’t be ‘the Lesbian one’ any more, but ‘the one with x coloured hair/eyes’ or whatever.

Interestingly though, we were in a pub in Somerset on Saturday night, and I can’t recall any other non-white folk there come to think of it. Not that it matters, but to me, I’m just another person in the pub having a good time. But I wonder if anyone else there thought ‘oh, a small brown feller, that’s unusual’.

Or did they just see me as another idiot getting drunk?

allthegear
    Free Member

Well, it wouldn’t be 6 or 7 inches then – more like 12 I’m afraid!!

Oh yeah – and that means size 9 shoes, too – now that IS a pain!!!

Rachel

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Rachel, i’ll swap you my size 4/5 feet then – watching me waddle around in size 9’s will make anyone laugh!! 😆

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But I wonder if anyone else there thought ‘oh, a small brown feller, that’s unusual’.

Or did they just see me as another idiot getting drunk?

I should think neither of those, but perhaps if someone had wanted to point you out to someone else they would have returned to your lack of height, or your colouring, depending on which was more noteworthy

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, how would you describe the hetereosexual bloke with the wonky eye?

Erm, I spose he’d be ‘the bloke with the wonky eye’.

The Lesbian woman would be ‘the woman with x coloured hair/top/shoes’ or something. Cos in the context of drinking in the pub, her sexuality wouldn’t be of any consequence, relative to anyone elses. Does that make sense?

What I found interesting is that my neighbour described her as ‘the Lesbian bird’, although there were a number of other features which could just as easily be used to define her. TBH I had to ask him which one he meant, as her sexuality wasn’t something that was apparent. See what I mean? It’s interesting why he chose that particular aspect of who she was, rather than another, perhaps more visually obvious one.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i have a pair of size 43 girls POD school shoes with a 2″ platform heel that you are welcome too

only worn once…….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just interested in how people sort of compartmentalise each other according to particular defining features.

This is interesting, do you not do this with other forum users based on their posts and little bits of information you’ve gained?

allthegear
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright – dare I ask WHY???

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

See what I mean? It’s interesting why he chose that particular aspect of who she was, rather than another, perhaps more visually obvious one.

were there any known lesbians in? It might be that he thought you knew she was a lesbian and so chose a referent which didn’t require any visual prompts

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

fred – i’d find it hard to describe people on this forum on anything other than facts they had presented about themselves, it being words. it’d be like describing janet street porter as ‘that fit one off the radio’ because you liked her voice*

allthegear – school theme christmas party, gender reversal, back pain.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mung-Bean; I suspect it had more to do with him being a bit ‘old-fashioned’ and narrow minded about stuff. I had never met any of the people before. I don’t believe he’s particularly homophobic, but the way he said it was almost as if he was implying some sort of ‘fault’, something abnormal and alien. Which maybe, because of his narrow-minded ness and lack of understanding, is how her sexuality appears to him.

He’d introduced me to her, as he had with several other people, so why not use her name? I noticed that he would refer to others by name, but to this particular woman as ‘that Lesbian bird’.

As though she wasn’t a ‘person’, but a ‘thing’.

Soz all a bit too serious and stuff really. Just find it fascinating, trying to figure out how and why people think and act the way they do really.

And I’m suddenly mindful of the ironic fact that I’ve made far more of a big deal about Emsz’ sexuality than anyone else on here has. 😳

I do hope my ramblings make some sort of sense to someone though. Human behaviour is just so complex; trying to work stuff out is something I really enjoy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fred, go and sit in the serious corner and think about what you’ve done.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Soz all a bit too serious and stuff really. Just find it fascinating, trying to figure out how and why people think and act the way they do really.

Yeah me too, see I have a wonky eye and it seems to me that folks are always ‘sticking up’ for our velcro companions, but never for folks like me

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘The Singletrack Glitterati Soap Opera (Appreciation Thread).’ is closed to new replies.