Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The Simpsons. Not as good as it used to be. Still.
  • Pook

A musical montage ruins any episode of the simpsons. Discuss.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Simpson, Homer Simpson
    He’s the greatest guy in history,
    From the, town of Springfield
    He’s about to hit a chestnut tree

Doh!

Jamie
    Free Member

Checked out the new episode earlier. Started promising then the music started…………..

ooOOoo
    Free Member

ooh ye-ah we need a mon-tage

nicko74

“I am so Smart, I am so Smart, S, M, R, T, I mean, S, M, A, R, T”

IHN

Absolutely not. Some of the best Simpsons bits have been the musical bits.

Monorail. Monorail! MONORAIL! 🙂

kimbers

not strictly a montage but spiderpig was one of the better bits of the film

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714-Ioa4XQw[/video]
    for unecassary musical numbers try family guy
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlmVzdrSSZI&feature=related[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Simpsons got naff a while back. I don’t knwo when that was though since I don’t get to see them in order 🙂

Pook

monorail isn’t technically a montage though – more a set piece.

RealMan
    Free Member

Simpsons is as good as it always was, just peoples views have changed. Family guy is great, but those bits where for some reason they have that country singer come on and sing for like 3 minutes drive me nuts, I change the channel. The simpsons movie was poor though.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aeRg_yMSE[/video]

Susie
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

Simpsons is as good as it always was, just peoples views have changed.

No it is not. Seriously. To be honest it would be a miracle if after 20+ years it still was as good.

Family guy is great

No it’s not.

hels
    Free Member

Conway Twitty ?? Those bits are genuis ! I fall on the floor laughing at any show that can get away with that.

nickjb
    Free Member

Family Guy do songs better, the Simpsons’ ones are a bit music hall

Probably NSFW, depends where you work

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghxn38bX7w0[/video]

grim168
    Free Member

Doh’, a deer, a female deer as homer hits one in the car.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I hate every ape I see, from chimpanz-A to chimpanz-Z (use the American pronunciation ‘zee’) 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just watched the new episode of family guy. Much better than the simpsons of late.

Pook

There’s a distinct difference between a simpsons musical montage (usually featuring Lisa fro some reason) and a simpsons musical set piece a la Planet of the Apes the musical, see my vest or monorail though.

Sawyer
    Free Member

The Simpsons is still way above Family Guy.

Jamie
    Free Member

I would just like to add when it comes to songs in animation, South Park destroys all.

M’kay.

The Simpsons is still way above Family Guy.

+1

Dougal
    Free Member

Simpsons really got back into it’s stride during seasons 20 and 21. Last night’s first episode of season 22 wasn’t that great mind.

FuzzyWuzzy

The Family Guy musical bits are worse than The Simpsons ones but I always watch them recorded so just skip forward – they just drag on for sooo frickin long they stop being funny. Family Guy is generally funnier than The Simpsons these days though…

TrentSteel
    Free Member

I think Simpsons went through a bad patch because they were working on the movie at the time so must have had a split focus as series 20 & 21 were great.

Best song ever in Homer Badman when he sings “Under the Sea” from the little mermaid.

rootes1

simpsons – like Viz – not as good as it used to be…

but that is part of the appeal and allows one to reminisce about the good old days…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Best song ever in Homer Badman when he sings “Under the Sea” from the little mermaid.

Is that the ‘no accusations, just friendly crustaceans’ one?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Simpsons has been duff for a while IMO, gave up many years ago.

Family Guy on the other hand is AWESOME. Musical numbers there are morte about ironic 80s nostalgia so not everyone is going to get them

philconsequence
    Free Member

any simpsons based around or featuring lisa heavily get turned off, she’s rubbish and ruins everyones fun.

the odd musical number is good, but the whole shows of singing get turned off

family guy has its genuis moments and the odd genius song, but conway sogns make me loose my interest and i end up distracted and no watching by the end of the song/clip

american dad is more political and throws in some incredible sexist jokes…. these please me and the OH

but when it comes down to it… since i took up MTB… i havent watched a single one of them

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Family Guy really is awful. The Simpsons became rubbish when it started being zany like Family Guy.

King of the Hill on the other hand is fantastic.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Family Guy on the other hand is AWESOME. Musical numbers there are morte about ironic 80s nostalgia so not everyone is going to get them

Yeah either it’s that, or that they’re never very funny.
    You know that thing in family guy, where someone decribes a funny, unusual scenario and how weird it would be? They always ruin it by actually animating it!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘The Simpsons. Not as good as it used to be. Still.’ is closed to new replies.