Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The silver lining to a dark cloud…
  • MoreCashThanDash

Just worked out a "proper" training plan to work through to the Tour of Britain Etape in September and my back has gone completely again – can't move without it going into spasm, lots of pain, and it's peeing down, and the bike has a seized rear hub and….

and I ended up sat in a chair, with my two year old asleep in my arms clutching my thumb, while my six year old showed off his reading by finishing his homework book, and it dawned on me that in the larger scale of things, I'm doing OK and there is more to life than silly two wheeled contraptions.

Perspective strikes at strange moments….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lovely! Raised a smile here at Flash Towers!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Know what you mean. Just been sitting watching the Snowman with my 2 year old sat on my knee commentating. Makes me smile.

large418
    Free Member

Mine are 16, 18 and 20. Been through all that and am now counting the weeks till they all start paying rent…..

Ambrose

I had a cuddle from my 12 year old today- as usual. And my 17 y.o brought home a load of beer from work for me. Which was nice 🙂

Having said that, I spent time this afternoon setting up the bike in time for TeamAmbrose's annual Alps trip. I'd hate to have a bad back now 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The silver lining to a dark cloud…’ is closed to new replies.