Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The Shred X-Pennine MTB Challenge – Sun 5th July
  • TheSanityAssassin

Anyone else plan on being there this weekend?

Info: HERE

Mole
    Free Member

Yeah,going over with my brother.Lets hope it cools down a bit

theflatboy
    Free Member

yep i’m doing it with a few others. say hello if you spot me:

🙂

PinkOrange5
    Free Member

I did it last year it was great and a very nice cup as the finish prize instead of a T-shirt. Fab home made cakes etc at the end and bacon butties I think. Unfortunately I’m not going but enjoy…

dthom3uk

Yep, see you there. Excellent cakes last year.

TheSanityAssassin

Say ‘Hi’ as you pass me – I’ll be the one in the mlehworld.com top 8)

mos

The last climb up to the finish from Marsden looks fun!
    Sadly, i’ll be fitting fascias up Scape & looking at the view wishing i was riding, enjoy.

dthom3uk

I walked that last year. The couple in front of me rode it then I met them at the top and promptly dropped them and beat them by five minutes. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic!

tombell1989
    Free Member

Will be there

TheSanityAssassin

Fastest finisher got round in 2:02.

I managed a respectable 2:46.

190 entries today, best turn-out yet for an excellent event. Well done to Gary and his team for superb organisation once again.

hp_source

Fastest time is just insane, I managed 2:37 and was really pleased with that.

great event, lovely cakes again. and a new mug for work!

cheers to all involved

rOcKeTdOg

are you doing SiTS Luddite?

marsdenman
    Free Member

My finishing time was circa 5:30 – but hey, I was the one taking photographs…. 8)

Well done one and all that made it round!
    Believe there were 191 entrants and circa 186 finishers, think the attrition was 3 mechanicals and 2 medicals……. get well soon medicals!

2:02 is just mental – we were heading over to Eastergate, thought we’d have circa 10 mins spare when we got there before anyone came through…. he passed us going t’other way at the end of Marsden Lane -just at the bottom of that last b*stard climb….. 😯

Keith – well done on 2:37 – how’d your dad get on?

Photos loading to the ‘puter as we speak – that’s probably as far as they’ll get today though – may go and meet Gary and the team down the pub for a <cough> debrief (or two……) 😀 – a link will be on the PX website in the next day or two.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Typical, i was out over marsden moor yesterday & kept thinking “what are all these little arrow markers for??”

I always seem to miss these things & they’re always right on my doorstep!

hp_source

My Dad did it in 3:09, not bad for 58 🙂

Enjoy your debrief!

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

@muddydwarf, I think this is the next most local one….

Holme Valley MBC

Wiksey
    Free Member

I was quite pleased with my 4:19.
    I hope the chap that I helped out with his broken chain (at the end of the tunnel) got a good time – I was getting my karma points in early on this one.

dthom3uk

Great event and well organised. I would have killed for a drinks stop at the end of that climb from Hollingworth Lake!

TheSanityAssassin

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    are you doing SiTS Luddite?

No mate, I asked the question next door but there were no takers. It’s jojo’s party weekend in Jockland the weekend after, so everyone’s committed to that instead of SITS.

My next ‘event’ will be a long weekend DH trip to Fort Bill at August Bank Holiday. I need to locate my cojones first though, as they seem to have been misplaced during this recent pedalling frenzy…

theflatboy
    Free Member

i had a fantastic time – was in a group with 3 others, one of whom was out for the second time on an mtb and stacked it about 2 miles in – the guy with the bandaged elbow. we all got round, despite taking 4:45 to do it! i would have liked to try for a decent time, but it was a great route all the same. definitely will be back next year, great stuff. 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

by the way, marsdenman – if you were the official photographer i popped a nice wheelie for you alongside the river just after that cheeky downhill before marsden, i was saddened not to see it on the pics when i looked, on the offchance you didn’t include it cos you couldn’t see my number, i was 127 wearing blue gloves 🙂

Wiksey
    Free Member
    theflatboy
    Free Member

10 places ahead of me!

though i was of course riding at the pace of the slowest in our group. i can’t stress that enough! 😆

i can’t believe the winning time, that is staggeringly fast.

hp_source

woop, 38th, i’m very happy with that 😛

marsdenman
    Free Member

Keith – saw the result last night – well done that man…. 😀

flatboy – yep, that was me standing in the river..
    Apologies, missed you with your wheel in the air… got the moment the wheel hits the ground again, not the in-between bit….. i blame the sodding midges… 😀
    Nice bike BTW – one of several ‘wouldn’t mind a spin on that’ that I saw throughout the day…

How’s you mate – was he rider 62 -suspected collar bone break?

theflatboy
    Free Member

🙂 no problem, shame i didn't realise it was you – i'd have stopped for a chat, i had plenty of time waiting for my mates not only after all the climbs but after all the descents and flat bits too! 😆

no my mate wasn't the collarbone break, he cut his elbow quite badly:

but soldiered on. ended up going to hospital to get it looked at on monday cos it was still bleeding and even more swollen. they told him he was an idiot for not getting it looked at immediately, that he would get an unnecessary scar (as if there's such a thing) and gave him antibiotics cos it was infected. so he feels like a proper biker already! 🙂

edit – note the blood on my camelbak… some people, eh?

Ben_mw

I managed a respectable 2:46

, but TSA, I thought you only went down hills. Nice one.

Fastest time is just insane, I managed 2:37 and was really pleased with that

Well done Keith.

Forgot that this was on, so had already arranged to go out to play on the Darkside. I will, however be doing the Holme Valley thingie, I was awfull last year, so need to improve.

theflatboy
    Free Member

the Holme Valley thingie

what and when? link, please! 🙂

Ben_mw

hp has put a link further up the page 🙂

hp_source

Holme Valley Thingy here….Click Here

theflatboy
    Free Member

Ben_mw – Member

hp has put a link further up the page

alright, smartypants…

(thanks both!)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘The Shred X-Pennine MTB Challenge – Sun 5th July’ is closed to new replies.