• This topic has 48 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • The secrets of a good cheese board…
  • Sandwich

Throw the Stilton away and your cheese board will improve no end!

Burn the heretic.

Drac

No. I said cool not cold.

Klunk
    Free Member

No. I said cool not cold.

not room temperature then ? 😕

MrOvershoot

Anyway I’ve just been reminded the cheese isn’t in the fridge now its in the back of the car (well apart from the stuff that’s in me now)

The space in the fridge is needed for meat & its cool enough out in the car.

My wife said given my cheese & drink consumption tonight my dreams will be vivid if nothing else!

Drac

not room temperature then ?

Only when ready to serve. Mmmmm!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Another sneaky edit for you! 🙂

Drac

😀

Serious question though, you say don’t keep it in the fridge, fair enough, but does the fridge do anything negative to the cheese, and does keeping it at room temperature do something positive? (Though personally I’d reckon every cheese will have an optimal storage temp?)

Makes it too cool which spoils the flavour somewhat. Kept out fridge means it can be served straight up and yes there’s variants.

Forgot, it also dries it out as fridges pull moisture away. Hence why they recommended placing it in a tub if you are going to put it in a fridge.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cheers, never really thought about it before tbh, interesting enough. 🙂

Drac

Grand in the cooler months but unless you have a pantry in the summer it’s a struggle.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘The secrets of a good cheese board…’ is closed to new replies.