Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The Secret Pro – interesting TDF insight
  • servo
    Free Member

http://cyclingtips.com.au/tag/the-secret-pro/

The Secret Pro writes very interesting reports from inside the big races that he actually rides in.

Worth reading, especially the latest TDF one.

ampthill

good read

D0NK

cuddles?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s been much chatter about Cuddles (AKA The Crazy Frog) of late. Asking why he was so very subdued during the Tour, and the inference being he must have been off the sauce now. Not sure I believe that myself. He just looked pale and weak, rather more like some sort of illness than lacking his gogojuice.

tomhoward

D0NK, that was my first thought, though could be one of OGE?

njee20
    Free Member

Good link, thanks.

DanW
    Free Member

I always enjoy TSP articles 😀

Rumour is it is one of two OGE guys based on the combinations of races TSP describes racing in. I’d rather not know since that isn’t the fun- the fun is the insight in to the pro way of life and way of thinking.

unklehomered
    Free Member

OGE? Old Guard Elite?

Good read that, not seen before, will peruse back through previous posts.

ac282

Orica green edge.

Cadel just came of a podium finish in a very tough giro.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cadel just came of a podium finish in a very tough giro.

Indeed, hence my thinking that it wasn’t juice related.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Orica Green Edge

edit: too slow

unklehomered
    Free Member

Cheers, I’m not familiar enough with the racing side of things for these things to come to me… 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

TSP was soooo wrong about Cav though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Great column, shame people have to try to guess who it is though.

Isn’t it iobvious the guy could get in trouble and have to stop writing it?

I guess the temptation to be a smartarse is just too strong for some though.

jfletch
    Free Member

Nice dig at Europcar!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tour, and the inference being he must have been off the sauce now. Not sure I believe that myself.

He is like 56 now of course he has got slower and has lost some stamina

theflatboy
    Free Member

Very interesting stuff – RSS feed subscribed!

jfletch
    Free Member

There’s been much chatter about Cuddles (AKA The Crazy Frog) of late. Asking why he was so very subdued during the Tour, and the inference being he must have been off the sauce now

I read the TSP’s dig at former winners going slow being at people like Contador who are still Top 10 but nothing like the dominating performances of the past. The 2009 Alberto Contador would have beaten Froome.

Cuddles is just old and tired.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I thought Cuddles was universally regarded as one of the most unimpeachable riders in the peloton, and took the pop to be at contador (and Mandy schleck but that’s biased by my dislike of him!).

Merak

I don’t believe the author is a current pro.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’m skeptical too. Has too much of the same style of writing that you’d read in a magazine by a journalist. And knowing someone who does a bit of ghost writing, I’m especially doubtful.

Vaguely amusing but none of the real pro’s will be along to confirm or deny the views contained within, so its a fairly safe to publish, genuine or not.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

In the TdeF post he comments about Belkin’s attack on Valverde coming back to haunt them as people bear grudges, but I’m sure Matt Rendell suggested this was in fact in retaliation for a similar trick Movistar pulled on Belkin in tour de suisse. If this is the case I’d expect a current pro to have known that, what with all the gossip within the peloton?

chakaping
    Free Member

The pieces have apparently been deliberately re-written (or transcribed) to disguise his natural speaking/writing style.

I write and sub-edit for a living and I don’t smell a rat with it.

As the editor points out, why would he risk his reputation by making it all up? There’s honestly not enough to be gained.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The Secret Pro – interesting TDF insight’ is closed to new replies.