Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • the school run with child seats, tag-alongs, cargo bikes, tandems etc
  • yunki
    Free Member

how do you keep the kids dry…?

I’m probly gonna havta ditch the trailer this year as they are getting too big for it and it’s so cumbersome and the route will be a bit more intense now that the oldest is at proper school..

I was thinking some sort of cape perhaps?
    Or a rainsuit?

I’ll potentially have one in the child seat and another on a follow-me tandem..

I’m thinking capes as that will solve the issue of keeping rucksacks and lunchbags dry maybe..?

what have your solutions been..?

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m going to start doing the nursery run next month when mrs alfa goes back to work and alfa-jr starts at a nursery on my way to work.

Plan is to use my cargo bike – I’ve got a yepp seat on the deck, and I’ve built/bodged a rain cover (using some plastic plumbing pipe and a mclaren hood and cover) to fit it. It’s been tested with some fairly long rides, and it keeps him perfectly dry.

Dave

matt_outandabout

N+1 time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    loddrik
    Free Member

Car if its really pouring down. Otherwise ride slow to minimise splash and stick them in good quality waterproof jackets. School is a 10min slow ride away so not too bad. Sometimes if its raining in morning I’ll drop bikes at school so we can ride home after school, getting wet not an issue then.

1 tagalong and one on a bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘the school run with child seats, tag-alongs, cargo bikes, tandems etc’ is closed to new replies.