Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The Saga continues….not another Star Wars thread
  • MoreCashThanDash

So, the last time I posted up I was struggling to get my resignation accepted after they refused my request to work term time, as they couldn’t manage without me for 13 weeks a year apparently. I was going to use annual leave and non working time for those 13 weeks.

Following union involvement, they have now offered me the chance to take all 13 weeks as non working time, to guarantee I can get leave when I want for the school holidays. But I have to also accrue leave for the weeks I work, about 4 weeks per year. So they would have to manage without me for 17 weeks a year instead of the 13 I asked for.

I’m thinking it over for the weekend…. 😆

Drac

Non working time? Is that a fancy name for unpaid leave or am I missing understanding?

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not allowed to call it unpaid leave, the union got very upset about it. 🙄

Drac

Ah!

Well if you’re happy with it then that’s what counts. Well done for sticking at it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

17 weeks off a year. You must be on a nice earner there. Is it to actually look after kids when they’re off school then?

Stoner
    Free Member

Excellent progress

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody great outcome I say.

Got more than you wanted out of it, and try not to be too smug eh 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Lol – it actually is to look after the kids. And I’ll be earning so little I’ll barely be paying any tax.

Good job I married a woman with a proper career 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The Saga continues….not another Star Wars thread’ is closed to new replies.