• This topic has 22 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The royle family christmas special !!!!!!!!! How bad was that.
  • zap
    Free Member

We managed to go all day without watching any TV. Decided to watch one thing the Royle Family Christmas special. Licence fee well spent then. One word SHOCKING.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

True story.

konadad
    Free Member

filopastry

It really was a bit shit

loddrik
    Free Member

Was looking forward to watching Hugo, and expecting big things, was plain bored by it.

transporter13
    Free Member

Was it ever good?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not seen it but guessing it was a rehash or all the original jokes

derek_starship
    Free Member

“we managed to go all day…” ooooooooooo. Charlie Big Bananas. Pious git. Well I watched loads of telly and thought The Royle Family was great.

Sell your TV. You’ll never enjoy anything if you try that hard.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Royle family was always one (weak) joke, beaten to death.

I’m suprised it’s taken so long for folk to notice.

Underhill
    Free Member

Royle Family may well have been one joke, but at least previously it was consistently the same joke. This year it looked like they really couldn’t be bothered even with copying last year’s material, they just asked a passing 12yr old to come up with a couple of ideas.

Really awful television.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Not seen it but guessing it was a rehash or all the original jokes

In some respects yes but it started very oddly, the chop/chip ‘joke’ and just got stranger. The guys ad was the only funny bit. Cast looked like they couldn’t be bothered.

Think that’s the last we’ll see of it.

teethgrinder

File under Gavin and Stacey.

nealglover
    Free Member

Cast looked like they couldn’t be bothered.

I thought that was kind of the main theme of the whole program, since the first episode ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

My arse (allegedly)

binners

Hasn’t it just become miss O Hearnes annual, license payer funded bank balance top up?

bland

It sent me to sleep after about 20 min

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Charlie Big Bananas.

Love that phrase! I will be using it for the whole of 2013 as if it’s my own.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Me and the other half thought it was quite good. Didn’t watch any of the original series though so don’t know if its recycled old jokes.

DrJ

I hope the cast look at it again later and are suitably embarrassed – it really was diabolically bad.

project
    Free Member

Small parts where quite funny, like the elderley chap dating,

Daves erectile disfunction, while a valid medical condition was dragged out to long,

then there was the the missing wedding ring, and Jim finding a scratch card and geting a hundred quid from it and buying a new ring, when Shelia had had a got at him for keeping the money, that was so cute and a bit of a tear jerker, especially as in real life Ricky Tomlinson donated a million pounds of his own money to a childrens hospital hotel for parents to stay in Liverpool .

The old chap singing, great voice, and then the scrounging neighbour, waste of comedy.

6 out of 10 for effort.

novaswift
    Free Member

crap

Northwind

It’s nice when trailers don’t over-promise though, isn’t it?

bigG
    Free Member

awful, truly awful

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The royle family christmas special !!!!!!!!! How bad was that.’ is closed to new replies.