Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The Rocket Rocks
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Lovely sunny evening and trails had dried out ok so I decided to take the Rocket out of mothballs and have a spin. It didn’t start well, on removing from garage I found a lovely gouge out of one stanchion :-(. Never mind let’s not worry about that and just get it in the back of the car. Got up to QECP in the lovely sun and set off, felt weird in comparison to the Sherpa for a while and certainly felt tougher on the climbs but coming down it was ace, loved it, dropper seat post made a difference as well, sherpa doesn’t have one.

While the sherpa has been great through the winter months and is better on the flat and ups it didn’t put as much of a grin on my face as the Rocket going down.

Happy rider this evening.

Mugboo

Just got my bouncy bike back out on Thursday morning,I love my hardtail but I love my FS more.

Both have Reverbs though, can’t ride without one these days.

johnj2000
    Free Member

I will have to get another reverb for the Sherpa, after today it just made life so much nicer.

ononeorange

Careful – the 29er police will be out shortly to tell you that you can’t possibly have had a good time……

johnj2000
    Free Member

I was very careful not to mention wheel size, it was more about the full sus and dropper. Now look what you have done 🙂

johnj2000
    Free Member

After Friday’s fun I am now torn between taking the Sherpa out for a long one or making the most of the dry trails and mucking around on the Rocket! Decisions decisions

Bregante

This is the problem with multiple bikes. I’m sat here trying to decide whether to do a 20 mile local spin on the rigid 29 er, chuck the FS bike in the boot and drive to the hills, or go for a couple of hours on the road bike! 😀

johnj2000
    Free Member

I think I am going to go for the bike in boot and off to hills option Bregante. You never know when the rain will come back and make everything soggy again.

Bregante

The lovely Mrs B just made my mind up for me. I have to be home for 1130 as the outlaws are coming. Road bike it is. 😈

johnj2000
    Free Member

Gahhhhhhhh life gets in the way of bike again

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The Rocket Rocks’ is closed to new replies.