Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • The Reverse Edinburgh Attack.
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I can see Yossarian’s point – it seems folk have to have the blocker thingy just cos certain posters invoke emotional responses they can’t handle.

yossarian
    Free Member

Thanks al, I couldn’t have put it better.

It’s not a personal dig junkyard. But frankly if you feel the need to censor other people then you’re missing the point of a forum aren’t you? What’s the point? Really what’s the point? I think if I ever reached the stage where I felt the need to do that I’d probably be better off deleting my account. Does it not seem a trifle juvenile to you? A bit immature? A bit, dare I say it, pompous? I’m sure this will provoke an angry, defensive response but honestly….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yossarian.

I block 4 folk. 2 reasons – either they are consistently negative and unpleasant and have nothing worthwhile to say or they deliberately set out to irritate and annoy me.

I don’t block folk like Hilldodger who does often have a go at me because he also makes positive and interesting contributions.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Some folk do seem a bit pompous with it.

“What you say is beneath me so I’m just going to ignore it.”…

“I can’t stop being wound up by you and this is the only way I can deal with it” more like…

djglover
    Free Member

if you censor other people it allows you to be belligerent, sanctimonious and stubborn without realising anyone disagrees with you.

donsimon
    Free Member

Damn you and your cunning ways but it is clever insights like this that mean you will never be on the list even though you are obviously a ****

MUAK!

yossarian
    Free Member

Why block anyone? Is your ego so fragile that you can’t cope with a few hastily typed words on a screen? I’m surprised at you TJ, you strike me as a fairly balanced person. So what if someone has a pop, ignore them. Actually it’s probably more powerful that way.

Jamie
    Free Member

it seems folk have to have the blocker thingy just cos certain posters invoke emotional responses they can’t handle.

Indeed. I involuntarily jizzgasm whenever I read one of Don Simon’s posts. So he gets blocked. Clean up bills were getting ridonkulous.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

djglover – I don’t block folk just cos they disagree with me – I don’t block hilldodger for exanmple.

Cynic al – I thought I would see your contribution to this. Usual waste of time. You justify yourself by attacking others as usual.

– You deliberately wind me up and have been doing it for years. You clearly don’t realise despite your apology to me a while ago how much you do it and how unpleasant it is.

why should I expose myself to your frankly unpleasant online persona. You contribute nothing positive, you continually make snidey attacks on me and others usually because you do not undrstand what is going on. its easier to ignore when when I don’t see your posts.

I don’t know why you feel it necessary to behave like this online cos you are a decent bloke in the real world. I thought you had had an epiphany a while back when you apologised to me and from posts seemed to realise how you are viewed – but It was too good to hope for. Its back to the constant unpleasantness hence I blocked you.

I can’t stop being wound up by you and this is the only way I can deal with it

Yup – its an easy way to avoid unpleasantness.

I have only spent a few moments typing this out in the hope that yo might see. Al – seriously – stop pretending you are the victim and its all others fault and stop behaving so obnoxiously all the time

Yosaaarian – its easier to ignore what you don’t see.

donsimon
    Free Member

@ Jamie 8)
    (just incase I offend the wrong person 🙄 )

Junkyard
    Free Member

t’s not a personal dig junkyard….. Does it not seem a trifle juvenile to you? A bit immature? A bit, dare I say it, pompous? I’m sure this will provoke an angry, defensive response but honestly….

I wonder what you would have said had you felt the need to have a dig 😯
    TBH the posters I block I view as the belligerent drunks in the pub you try to avoid as you go to the toilet. Unfortunately they see you and shout at you then drag you over. You then have to listen to their ill informed idiotic view on the latest issue. You then debunk it so they just insult you [ or dont even bother to defend their position and attack you – you have at least the good grace/skill to both defend your position whilst gently attacking me :wink:] . Next time you meet them the same thing happens.
    I would avoid this scenario in the real world so choose to avoid it on here as far as possible.
    Thanks for your kind words I feel all warm on the inside now and dont need to hold mummy’s hand anymore 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

(just incase I offend the wrong person )

Dammit!

Clean up in aisle 5……

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbPWcLode0[/video]

A song that could almost have been written for STW.

Woody
    Free Member

TJ

I could be wrong, but I suspect Al’s last post wasn’t actually directed at you!

Jamie
    Free Member

I could be wrong, but I suspect Al’s last post wasn’t actually directed at you!

Personally, I thought it was aimed at Junkyard.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4&feature=related[/video]

yossarian
    Free Member

I still don’t get it junkyard. It’s probably me not realising how different people react to conflict/perceived negativity on the internet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cynic al has made digs to and about me blocking him in the past and whether or not that was aimed at me its a classic example of why I prefer not to see his posts.

Jamie
    Free Member

So the fact a comment he made at someone else, mirrored something he said to you in the past, means you take said attack as an affront to yourself?

Damn. Joey Barton didn’t stand a chance, did he?

yossarian
    Free Member

I didn’t think it was aimed at you TJ but maybe I’m wrong.

Be interested to find out who put up the tag about junkyard, a bit unecessary.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yossarian. Its quite possibly a flaw in my character but I do get wound up by what I read on here and find it hard to ignore. Not the reasoned heated disagreements but the deliberate snidey and sarcastic unpleasantness.

So its easier for me to not see these posts at all. you can tell from the context if its worth unblock to read them but its best for me not to see the posts from folk who I find more than irksome.

Junkyard put it well with his analogy about the boorish drunk

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jamie – I didn’t see it particularly as an attack on me.

Cynic al – I thought I would see your contribution to this. Usual waste of time. You justify yourself by attacking others as usual.

yossarian
    Free Member

Fair enough, as I said my confusion over it is likely to be my lack of understanding of others maybe. At least you seem to be accepting that it’s perhaps more about you than the people posting stuff? FWIW I dont get the drunk analogy at all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Was it aimed at me – the al bit? I thought it was it aimed at people who block in general.
    I can see why other folk would not use it , eve nthink it is weak or soft or whatever. One of the features is that it replaces their text to just one line so it is easier to scroll past it. I assume many peole skim other posters stuff surely?
    Neither poster actually personally upset me or get to me in that sense. I just have no wish to engage with them or in the sense Al does [ deliberately and this reflects poorly on him IMHO] to TJ.

Just read the tag and it genuinely made me laugh- i rarely read them tbh as I just find them to be acts of cowardice as a general rule.

Woody
    Free Member

Don’t really want an argument TJ but you missed a bit which puts it in context

– You deliberately wind me up and have been doing it for years. You clearly don’t realise despite your apology to me a while ago how much you do it and how unpleasant it is.

I’m confused – how do you know what Al posts if you have blocked him?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cynic al – I thought I would see your contribution to this.

you can switch the filter off on a thread if you wish to see what a blocked poster said.

yossarian
    Free Member

Arrggghhhhhhh

So why freakin block em if you’re just going to peek at what they’ve just freakin said???????
    😆
    This is getting complicated

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

This thread is quite sad.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Woody – My intention was taht the first sentence is about the specific post, the second is about the general situation why I normally have his posts blocked hence separate paragraphs. Once again the meaning intended is not the meaning read.

With teh blocker you have a remove filter option which I did on this thread to read his contribution

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m confused – how do you know what Al posts if you have blocked him?

Because he loves the attention. 8)

Woody
    Free Member

😀

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    I don’t block folk like Hilldodger who does often have a go at me because he also makes positive and interesting contributions.

:waves at TJ and sends hugs: 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is being blocked by others worse or better than simply being ignored?

Junkyard
    Free Member

flattering surely…we should have a league table to see who is the most blocked

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How about we get a league table of who’s been blocked the most?

donsimon
    Free Member

Is being blocked by others worse or better than simply being ignored?

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest either way.

Jamie
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest either way.

Gnnuurggghh!

*reaches for tissue*

druidh
    Free Member

Much as junkyard says, blocking is useful if you want to cut out a lot of irrelevant images and so on.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

This thread is quite sad.

The Ozzy bits are good though. 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘The Reverse Edinburgh Attack.’ is closed to new replies.