Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • The return of my favourite Tory…
  • Stoner
    Free Member

No, not the Captain, Ken Clarke.

Its a pity he’ll spend most of the time having to defend his views on Europe from attacks by the blue-rinsed fogies of the home counties. Id love to see us adopt the Euro…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mmmm…..Chris Patten was my favourite Tory. Still, I guess it’s better than the return of my least favourite Tory :

Oxboy
    Free Member

adopt the euro why? all it will do is cost us, how would it work? would our wages change 1 euro to 1 pound? even with a poor exchange rate it would give us a pay cut?

chakaping
    Free Member

Perhaps we could just foster the euro for a bit, see if it works out before we go the whole hog and adopt it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

maybe we could just give up pretending we are European and conquer the lot of them and inflict the good old british pound on them

surfer
    Free Member

Interesting that he is being touted as a "big beast" especially by the party that overlooked him for the leadership twice and chose two candidates that had very little experience!

If he was such a strong figure, and you can leave aside the Euro, why has he been sidelined for so long?

surfer
    Free Member

Michael Portillo would be a more effctive addition to the Tory shadow cabinet.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I liked the fact highlighted this morning that Ken has spent more years as an MP than little george has spent on the planet.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Why don’t they bring this bitch back?

(Adjusts scope; takes safety off…)

Die, bitch, die!

surfer
    Free Member

Like Mikes idea, lets bring back conscription and invade.

chakaping
    Free Member

I suppose anyone starts to look good compared to Lord Snooty and his pals.

Sonor
    Free Member

A sign of desperation on behalf of the Tories.

Stoner
    Free Member

And Labour bringing Mandy back doesnt? 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

The last politician this country could be proud of. The last one I voted for too. 🙂

Sonor
    Free Member

The only part not showing desperation Stoner are the Lib/Dems and that’s because they can’t decide whether to be or not.

Sonor
    Free Member

There were a hell of a lot of people in this country who felt pride when her own party stabbed her in the back and got shot of her.

Stoner
    Free Member

good point surfer – I’d like to see portillo back too.

surfer
    Free Member

I recall Mandy was instrumental in New labours success in 97. I dont recall Clarke being part of such a winning formula?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The last politician this country could be proud of. The last one I voted for too.

Ha ha! Did you live in her constituency, then?

Proud of a warmongering, evil bitch with friends of similar disposition? Proud of a woman who sold off this country’s resources, so that we now buy our gas from the French? Proud of a woman who instilled the ideology of greed, masterminded the sale of invaluable social housing, and alienated vast sections of British society?

Yeah, mate, you go on, and be proud of her.

(Puts Champagne on ice, for her (hopefully imminent) death.)

Sorry! Just realised you were being sarcastic!

You certainly had me going there!

Silly me! 🙄

aP
    Free Member

But then Ken was never so much fun at parties as Michael was (this would be late 80s obviously before his heart attack).

surfer
    Free Member

I’m no Tory supporter but Portillo would be a more popular addition. He is clearly bright but also quite charismatic.

Clarke will simply be sidelined discussing his views on Europe, whether he wants to or not.

grumm
    Free Member

The last politician this country could be proud of. The last one I voted for too.

Were you a fan of her buddy Pinochet as well?

uplink
    Free Member

I think they should get this lot back on the payroll
    They epitomise Tory values

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, and she stole the kiddies’ milk, as well.

Die, please, die.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Oh, and she stole the kiddies’ milk, as well.

Given the fact that it was always left in the sun to go off before we got to drink it, that was no great loss.

I still can’t drink milk on its own over 30 years later.

vimto
    Free Member

favourite tory?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ha ha! Did you live in her constituency, then?

Nope. Northern monkey I presume?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Northern monkey I presume?

Who, me???!?!

Ha ha!

Somebody please tell him; I’m laughing too much… 😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ah, work shy slacker then.

tomzo
    Free Member

I like the way rudeboy appears to think that the death of thatcher will bring instant riches to everyone or something. Well, chilled champagne at the very least.

“Proud of a woman who instilled the ideology of greed”

While the rest of what you said is pretty true, that made me giggle. She inflicted me with personality traits?!?! What a cow.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I wasn’t suggesting that for a second, tomzo. In fact, seeing as her state funeral will cost a packet, it will in fact leave us all a tiny bit poorer.

I just hate the ****.

As for ‘the ideology of greed’, well, the relentless promotion of the idea that you MUST own a property (hence the sale of social housing stock), as well as all sorts of other mostly unnecessary shyte, has driven people to want to consume more and more, and by doing so, get into greater and greater debt.

Greedgreedgreedgreed….

Ownbuyhaveposses…

S’why so many people are so **** selfish.

Die, bitch, die…

I want to build a disco on her grave…

5thElefant
    Free Member

You seem a very excitable fellow.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You should see me when I HAVE’NT had my Valium… 😯

aracer
    Free Member

As for ‘the ideology of greed’, well, the relentless promotion of the idea that you MUST own a property (hence the sale of social housing stock), as well as all sorts of other mostly unnecessary shyte, has driven people to want to consume more and more, and by doing so, get into greater and greater debt.

But are you going to tell me that a lot of what the unions got up to wasn’t driven by greed well before Facha was on the scene? Hence it’s an inbuilt human trait amongst those who you’re blaming her for encouraging it in.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

A lot of ‘what the Unions got up to’ was actually to fight for and protect the rights of workers.

Such as the 40 hour week, health and safety measures to reduce injuries at work, more accountability of companies towards the well-being of their staff, fairer pay measures, more equal rights for women, etc.

Of course, if you don’t believe in Unions, you could always move to a country that outlaws them…

surfer
    Free Member

Marx would say that human beings are inately benevolent.

Its interesting that when we come across some particularly nasty behaviour we put it down to “human nature” I think much of it is nurture not nature. So to some extent she and her like legitimised this behavior in the 80’s.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Such as the 40 hour week, health and safety measures to reduce injuries at work, more accountability of companies towards the well-being of their staff, fairer pay measures, more equal rights for women, etc.

What’s that got to do with the unions of the 70s? They were far, far worse than that.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just a response to ‘let’s blame the Unions for everything bad’, that people often do on here.

And Unions are still, mostly, a force for good in this nation, and something we should be glad of.

aracer
    Free Member

Marx was wrong about lots of other things too.

Just because it’s nurture not nature doesn’t mean it’s not bred into certain parts of society (not that I’d want to isolate one part of society, as apart from obvious exceptions like religious orders, it’s hard to think of a single part of society which isn’t inherently greedy and selfish – just that the opportunities for acquisition vary). Bizarre to suggest that greed was somehow legitimised under Facha, when in reality it was just a time when it became more possible for a wider spread of people to earn lots of money (due to greater opportunity), hence the more in your face excesses.

aracer
    Free Member

Just a response to ‘let’s blame the Unions for everything bad’

Where did anybody do that? Are you suggesting that the unions didn’t behave in a greedy way at all, ever? In any case your response is just the stock “Unions are wonderful, and because they’ve done great things we shouldn’t criticise them at all”!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘The return of my favourite Tory…’ is closed to new replies.