Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The resort is also considering introducing mandatory bikini waxing for men…
  • nbt

yes, you read that right

The resort is also considering introducing mandatory bikini waxing for men, in a bid to prevent unsightly hair from being on display

Which resort? Alton Towers….

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6790200.ece

oldgit
    Free Member

I assume they'll introduce mandatory liposuction for the criminally obese.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Alton Towers sales and marking director, said

we had our monthly thought shower and this was the first made up story that we reckoned we could feed to newspapers to give them some copy, and us some free advertising.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Alton towers is a resort?

JB
    Free Member

So what happens if, like me, your hair extends all the way down your legs… is it ok to have two completely bald stips up either side of your speedos???

coffeeking
    Free Member

If the hair goes all the way down your legs you should consider yourself too far from evolved and remain in baggies. Apparently.

oldgit
    Free Member

'I'm not a peedo, the S has just rubbed off' What was that cartoon series called?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We are also looking into offering complimentary male waxing

doesn't mention mandatory

aleigh
    Free Member

I'm glad!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm glad!

I thought you didn't like the hirsute look aleigh ??

aleigh
    Free Member

i think bodily hair on show full stop is wrong!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Its a fun park for riders from the dark side. Wax, shave legs, force themselves into brightly coloured lycra, look at themselves in the mirror, go out door, put Roadbike in / on car, turn up at venue, get riding shoes, gloves, banana and spuds in place, get on roadbike – stuff the helmet back in the car – go and annoy traffic on congested roads by riding in 2, 3, 4 or more abreast of the road. Yeah, Alton Towers is the place – the sooner they get there the better. 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i think bodily hair on show full stop is wrong!

particularly on the face…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

*sfb in "can't read" shocker*

aleigh
    Free Member

the face….stubble or a bit of a growth is ok – long beards…let me think about it.

ummm NO! i'd be tempted to plat it 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

*sfb in "can't read" shocker*

er, I thought aleigh was replying to my post just above, not the thread title 🙂 Or do you consider the face not to be part of the body ?

aleigh
    Free Member

i was replying to the title sfb 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's body hair, it's natural not a bl00dy fashion parade.

I'm sorry, I'm appalled. Next they will be excluding people with crooked teeth or big boobs!!!

Body Nazis

Personally, I dislike speedos and only have them so I can swim in French swimming pools which ban baggies. BUT I WILL DIE DEFENDING YOUR RIGHT TO WEAR TRUNKS!!!

[calm down old boy; have cuppa tea and a lie down]

porterclough
    Free Member

They've banned swimming trunks in swimming pools? Are the Taliban in charge of Alton Towers? When I was growing up swimming pools banned baggy shorts.

Perhaps they should just ban men completely, after all that would fit in better with the modern understanding of 'family friendly'.

cinnamon_girl

Real men have body hair.

zokes
    Free Member

Next they will be excluding people with crooked teeth or big boobs!!!

They can keep the ones with crooked teeth, but may feel free to send the ones with big boobs in my general direction for *ahem* vetting 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

Are the Taliban in charge of Alton Towers?

I heard/read a story a few years back that a particular religious group wanted to book Alton Towers to themselves for a day. If anyone else wanted to go on that day they were supposed to "dress respectfully"…

I believe it fell apart at the last minute, after the red-tops got hold of the story

votchy
    Free Member

Off to France this week and over there you have to wear trunks, baggies are banned at all the pools, admit I don't look very good in my trunks (to be fair I only look half decent in a welders suit and mask) but what a load of rubbish banning trunks.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Speedo style trunks are banned in all the US waterparks I've been to, never thought the UK would go that far too, thought people were more sensible!

joemarshall
    Free Member

Speedo style trunks are banned in all the US waterparks I've been to, never thought the UK would go that far too, thought people were more sensible!

Yeah, I freaked out several American friends by wearing speedos to go swimming when we were in Canada. I wanted a proper swim, and shorts always feel like they slow you down.

A place with waterslides etc. I'd probably wear shorts anyway, it isn't exactly somewhere you're going to go for a long swim, and shorts are just comfier to sit around in when you're not actually swimming, but it is a freaky and weird puritan thing that they ban them.

Joe

uplink
    Free Member

Off to France this week and over there you have to wear trunks, baggies are banned at all the pools

Do they actually enforce that rule though?
    for years we've been going to France & using shorts type trunks & never once has any one said anything.
    Don't you [supposedly] have to wear a silly hat when using pools in Italy?

I think both the French & Italian rules are nationwide legislation rather than specific pool rules too – & we think we are oppressed with petty rules!

dave360

Yes they do uplink. Even though the signs probably say something like "pas de bermudas" it means no shorts of any kind.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Alton towers is a resort?

The last resort!! 😆

uplink
    Free Member

I think I'll continue to ignore that particular rule all the same

if they haven't got me in the last 15 years or so I reckon I'm home dry – so to speak 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

So are women not allowed to wear those cheese wire bikini bottoms at Alton towers now, the ones that let there arses hang out all over the place 😕 .

Smacks of double standards to me, not that I'm a fan of or have ever worn speedos i just don't like being told what i can and can't do 😡

IdleJon

Don't you [supposedly] have to wear a silly hat when using pools in Italy?

What? Like a felt jesters hat, or would a promotional Guinness santa hat do?

dave360

"you can't wear those swimming trunks in here"
    "oh OK"
    "arrrgh put them back on"
    "but you just said…"

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A place with waterslides

Doesn't the water shoot up your shorts and ermmm…. hurt?

Someone explain to me exactly why they don't want men wearing speedos?

uplink
    Free Member

Someone explain to me exactly why they don't want men wearing speedos?

A picture is often worth a 1000 words

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘The resort is also considering introducing mandatory bikini waxing for men…’ is closed to new replies.