Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • The reasons schools shut is?
  • scraprider
    Free Member

my mum said i dont have to go.

Northwind

Quote my dad, when I was 8…

"Sod it, it looks lovely out, get your sledges… I'm going to phone the office and say I have to stay home because the school's shut"
    "But dad, the school's not shut!"
    "I know that, and you know that…"

He made me the skiver I am today. Anyone fancy sledging?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Chevin – Member
    I thought I read about some councils worrying if someone slips in the playground they could/might sue the council?

It was in a newspaper so it must be true!

Kids fall over in our playground all the time, snow and ice or not. We have not shut for snow since I started. I live most remotely and have been phoned and told if I don't make it in we will shut as some others can't make it (I get perversely determined when faced with difficulties) but who in their right mind misses the chance to teach a huge bunch of kids the joy of making snow angels, snow men, snow walls, snow longships (we were doing Vikings) and having a 1 v 24 snowball fight (me v my class last year).
    It is simply too much like fun to miss!

surfer
    Free Member

I made excuses a few years ago when we got a good dump on snow on the Wirral.
    My two kids were on holiday already and as someone who never takes takes a day off unless planned (I dont see that as a virtue by the way) it was guilt free and pleasurable.

Snowballs, snowmen and sledding. It should be compulsory !

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Please everyone, lets not have a go at the teachers. it must be quite traumatic for them for this to happen on the last day of school before Christmas. There's an awful lot of teachers having to go and buy Chocolate Oranges, After Eights and Matchmakers for themselves today 😉

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Proper lol at Cheesyfeet 🙂
    Unfortunately, sharing a class and flitting between several others in a very un-primary school way means I have lost out this year. So I was in AND have to buy my own chocolate!
    Any parents with spare chocolate they want to aim at a teacher?
    Email in profile 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘The reasons schools shut is?’ is closed to new replies.