Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The real you (Mondays "what is it all about?" question)
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Anyone feel like they’ve lost their way a bit in life? like forgetting who you are in favour of outside pressures and influences??

Things have been a bit taught at work lately and I find myself getting angrier and angrier at other peoples behavoiur lately rather than focusing on my own work, something I was never like a few years back and (as my wife puts it) “much more laid back”

The obvious answer is go for a ride, but how do you keep your feet planted and true to yourself?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I went and dug trail and rode dh today

But I only work 1 day a week and it was a public holiday here

Three_Fish
    Free Member

“We are what we repeatedly do…”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Put the gun down and go for a ride.

😆

weeksy

We had a simillar discussion on another forum

“are you… YOU”.

Very few of the responders are not in some way or form someone completely different to their real selves. Myself in a small way too i guess now being a parent. I like most people find myself having to change slightly for the benefit of others at times.

apart from that though, i very very rarely let anything get on top of me.

scuzz
    Free Member

like forgetting who you are in favour of outside pressures and influences??

Sorry, but that’s who you are now.
    Even then, your current mental image of your ‘former self’ isn’t very reliable. Even then, it doesn’t matter: stop wasting mental energy looking back. There’s only one thing you can control, and you’re wasting it reading this post.
    Don’t pressure yourself to remember who you used to be, or the things you used to enjoy. Any pressure you put upon yourself will have nothing but negative consequences.

Relax, let go, move forward.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The real you (Mondays "what is it all about?" question)’ is closed to new replies.