Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • The ramblings of an old man (including a wee ride report)
  • gearfreak
    Free Member

Thanks druid, you just made my afternoon coffee a lot more interesting. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

For those that are still considering the Loch Loyne route, I suggest making plans to do so very soon. As can be seen in the photo, there’s really not a lot left of it and your opportunity will soon be lost.

yunki
    Free Member

..when I stumbled across STW whilst looking for niche info last year.. I found what I was looking for and went out and bought the mag soon after..

I thought momentarily that I may have struck gold and expected the threads on the forum to be full of heartwarming and inspiring tales such as this..

Imagine my surprise!

More like this please.. great

southernsteel
    Free Member

That was really nice to read. You should have sent it into the mag. It would be even better printed I think.

gusamc
    Free Member

great article,

as “mountain biking” goes I thought this was pretty spot on

winstonsmith

nice one colin. i’ve done a few rides up near there – along the tollie path and a loop from kinlochewe up round by lochan fada

there’s some reet tricky trails along with stunning views out that way

druidh
    Free Member

Sean – I have some of these on my radar for next year, but fear that I may have to become a resident to ride all that I want to. The Kinlochewe loop in particular has a certain allure.

Ah – I feel a whole winters worth of map browsing and route planning coming on……

winstonsmith

If its the same loop, the descent is kinda tricky…

namastebuzz
    Free Member

expected the threads on the forum to be full of heartwarming and inspiring tales such as this..

Ha Ha! 😆

You must have been sorely disappointed 🙁

GavinB

I think this needs pulled back to the usual ‘level’ of STW, so..

What tyres for Fisherfield Forest?

Seriously though, great post, very inspiring and made me try to work out how long its been since I was up there, and how soon I could get a trip back up there soon.

Nice one! 🙂

Cougar

Lovely, lovely write-up. Thanks for posting.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

/\ What they all said /\

A great read, what it’s really all about. Go steady 🙂

debaser

Quality ramblings sir. Thoroughly enjoyed that post.

Just as well you noticed that you’d missed that gate since you were headed for ‘bad bog’ 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

good stuff colin. It’s smashing up there- i think i’ll do a week or so up there in the summer.

druidh
    Free Member

Well into page 2 and no one has commented on the mudguards?

spacemonkey

Top piece of MTB writing Druidh.

Travel some of the old drove roads or coffin roads and you can feel the history as you go. There’s a connection between you, the land and the folk who have used them for generations, sometimes centuries.

For me, that’s part of what it’s about – e.g I always feel that way when on the South Downs.

Like others have said, I trust your head (if not your soul) is a better place now …

Kevevs
    Free Member

Great stuff Druidh, thanks for that. These sort of posts are really inspiring. That’s started my morning nicely. Cheers.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Great stuff Druidh.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The ramblings of an old man (including a wee ride report)’ is closed to new replies.