Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • the rain wins
  • martinhutch

Quick blast around Grizedale before the combined effects of a head cold and general ‘riding down rivers’ shortened the ride after a few hours.

egb81
    Free Member

Mercifully not raining here but a jaunt around Leigh Woods and Ashton Court was pretty soggy nonetheless. I looked like I’d been to a fete and had my face painted as a giraffe by the time I got home.

scandalous
    Free Member

Too busy this weekend sadly but saw some rubbish weather so don’t feel too bad!!

rOcKeTdOg

stopped raining at 9am, dry all day since

simmy
    Free Member

My forks are knackered on the MTB so took the Road bike for a Pootle of about 35 miles.

Only a light shower here in Lancs but it was bloody cold. Trying to warm up now as I need a pee…….

ps44
    Free Member

Stopped raining in the Shire early afternoon, so a dry ride and a perfectly timed sunset at the top of the last hill.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well despite my comments above I did go out in the end. Hacked out on the CX’er over Hamble Lines way and got throroughly into it. It had stopped raining by 3, dramatic sunset over the New Forest and the a bit of a wait at the jet wash.

Glad I went out in the end 8)

ajantom

Just back in after 5 hours on the bike – though I did stop for a roast at the inlaws half way round. My average speed dropped dramatically after that!
    Quite surprised at how well the local trails are holding up considering the weather we’ve had.

breadcrumb

What rain?

😛

postierich
    Free Member

Sunny all day in the Lakes!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/qaqbd2]10610522_10152916110081474_4320317702900724208_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

welshfarmer

Lovely and Sunny down here in Wales too. Got a nice (if cold) 13 miler around Ystradfellte. Didn’t see another soul on the rough stuff other than a local hunter with gun and terrier. Lovely. Needed new feet by the end of it though 🙂

maxtorque

Job for this week: Find all the bits of my “winter” hardtail and put it back together again…… 😉

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

If there was a like, then i would ‘like’ that Lakes shot……….

Jamie
    Free Member

If there was a like, then i would ‘like’ that Lakes shot……….

You could always share it. I believe you’d be the first to try that feature out

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Its not that good……..

Jamie
    Free Member

The share feature, or the pic?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

No Rain in the Forest Of Dean plenty of water on the ground though 😆

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Lovely & sunny in West Lancs,glad I got out!

mega
    Free Member

don’t need an actual bike – am riding in my head!

still buzzing from coaching sess with Mr Doyle on saturday – have been walking round the house holding an imaginary set of handlebars doing sweet jumps

superstu
    Free Member

Just been out on the road bike. Managed six miles before my hands were so cold I couldn’t change gear. Now searching for winter gloves.

Glad I got out though (despite pitiful distance)

johnny

Did 40 km on the single speed in the rain. I really enjoyed it, especially slimy descending with no suspension! I did stop for a pie and chips on the way home though… Followed up by a couple of pints and pork scratchings…

Shred
    Free Member

Beautiful weather here. No riding due to a bad cold. Very annoying.

jezketley
    Free Member

Properly minging in the Chilterns, but snuck out for a sneaky lunchtime ride when the wife popped to the shops. Only 12 miles, but great fun riding down streams and skitting over roots with kacked up glasses. Was thoroughly sodden and filthy when I got home, but fortunately wife was not back so was spared being hosed down before being allowed in the house.

molgrips
    Free Member

Welshfarmer, is Ystradfellte your local spot?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wetter than an otter’s pocket in the upper reaches of the River Test here. Still got out for a cheeky couple of hours of mixed road and track action. One massive flint puncture just before Farleigh Wallop which was a shame, but otherwise, a cracking ride!

padkinson
    Free Member

It was pissing it down all day in Suffolk. I had a 1 hour tempo power test to do, which would have been reet grim in the rain, so I stayed indoors on the turbo. Which was also reet grim.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Early morning run around the Punchbowl in the deluge. Great for running but would have been nasty on a bike!!!

Horrible drive on the M25 in the floods later.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lovely sunny morning, crisp and clear and …. Monday 🙁

Boris bike is just not the same

Nice photos by the way rocket, postie and buster

martinhutch

Breadcrumb – is your pic at the top of the Arnside Intake climb? My brain is too fuddled to compute this morning.

Light was wonderful in the Lakes yesterday. If I hadn’t been so dumb as to try to get away with a thin softshell, I would have kept on going.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Envious of the Lakes photos!! On the way to Iron keld?

Boris bikes were good this morning – if bloody parky on the fingers!! Best time of year for cycling on BB as not too sweaty and early morning views of the fiver are great.

Andy-R

I’ve just come back to the grim north after ten weeks in Greece, making the most of dry, rocky trails – I seriously don’t know if I can be bothered going out riding in the cold and slop we’ve got here, I’m just getting too old for it I suppose.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Everything down my way is a massive, slippery bog-fest. Sections of trail are impassable because your frame clogs with cloying mud in less than 100 yards.

Yep, I’ll be running for the next few months until everything dries out…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Rain, what rain?
    Beautiful blue sky day in the Lakes. Only three of us out but we enjoyed a nice scenic ride from Ambleside:
    Loughrig; Fox Ghyll; Rydal Hall; Coffin Trail; Grasmere; Elterwater; Tilberthwaite; Slate Mines; Hodge Close; Iron Keld; Loughrig; Clappersgate.
    With just the three of us out, we kept up a fair pace all day, only stopping for a butty at the top of the slate mines. Legs feeling it today!

22 miles, 4000′ and a post-ride pint in The Watermill at Ings.
    Overall, one of the best Lakes days for ages.

If we’d have known that the weather was going to be as nice as that, we’d have gone for a high level route instead.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Beautiful day in Northumberland too.

Got out for a few hours exploring new cheeky trails in the sunshine in the afternoon. Glad I took the lights to get me home though…

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘the rain wins’ is closed to new replies.