Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • the rain wins
  • jedi

I intended to ride but the rain and cold wins today so watching snowboarding films.anyone brave it out there?

mattbee

Had every intention of riding but walking the dog was enough of a trial by sludge.
    Sofa snoozing is my current favourite fall back plan.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not me. Seems like the perfect time to do some of those jobs I put off during the summer so I could go riding.

Sort of a karmic payback I think.

When I was half the age I am now, I’d ride no matter what. I’m certainly older and wiser now.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Although clearly I’m procrastinating.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Lasted 1/2 hr or so on road bike earlier – kerb deep puddles, bow waves from trucks and almost zero grip or brakes convinced me pretty easily to head back 🙁

therevokid
    Free Member

did 50 odd miles …. opppsss that means I’ve been rumbled and caught
    roadie riding. i feel shamed now ?

brooess
    Free Member

+1 for getting the things done that have needed to be done for some time. Outside looks like a horrible place today…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m currently shopping for mudguards.

I got mucky enough yesterday….

doom_mountain

Ran up Skiddaw this morning, expecting to get rained on… and the sun came out 😀
    I had to have a sit down to take it all in….

Rubber_Buccaneer

I may go down the nice dry gym later but this morning I’ve been watching video clips of Moab thinking I really wat to go next year. Tuesdays mudfest was my last outdoor cycle 🙁

soobalias
    Free Member

i haven’t given up yet.

ok so im deluding myself.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have to say I was glad I got a decent ride in last weekend as the forecast was such I decided this Sunday would be a lie in and cinema later ! Cold and wet today in London.

@Jedi got to say the Internet is great, instead of watching TV you can pick what you want.

teamslug
    Free Member

Just got back from a 20 miler and swept most of the trans pennine trail off my drive…wetter than an otters pocket…

devs
    Free Member

Sun splitting the sky here. It’s lovely. Will head out after my bacon butties.

soundninjauk

Had a great ride last weekend, and my 30th birthday last night so taking things a bit gently with the rain outside is just what I need. Also waiting for a spot of frame tape to arrive so that I can fit my new mud huggers, after having to clean the bike twice last weekend to get the Swinley sand off it…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Sun splitting the sky here. It’s lovely.

Ditto here but I’m completely lacking in motivation

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s not raining here so we did a little 12 miler and then back home for a cup of tea and a full English 😀 My first time out on a singlespeed mtb too, which was nice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m back on the coast having a few weeks off that thing called work 😆

I’ve ticked off quite a few rides I’ve been meaning to do lately, some long distance CX stuff and three days tour of Yorkshire on the roadie, loads of hacks in the Moors and now back home on the coast and it’s pissing down 😆

So yesterday I had to fit a new water tank in the loft which took 4 hours and a lot of swearing. See I walked in, turned the heating on, popped upstairs to find a bow in the ceiling.. and a drip coming from it 😕 Anyhoos fixed that all up, today I’ve put some mouse traps up there and now ive just had to fit a bloody toilet inflow cistern thingumybob because it’s not shutting off..

So the rain can bucket down for all I care, Prince of Persias on Sky Movies and then early beers tonight at my fave pub eva..

Annnnd relax

nickc

went for a run earlier this morning, couldn’t face going out on the bike, soaked within 5 mins, wasn’t too cold so just got wet.

sofa and cake

Lester
    Free Member

Out on the fat bike for 2 hours in local woods, wet and windy and muddy but great fun 🙂
    Now, Grand Prix , erdinger and fig rolls.. With spurs on Telly later ,great day off

Bregante

Like nickc, really cannot be fussed with getting the bike manky for the sake of what would have only been a shortish ride.

A quick run first thing. Done in under an hour leaving me to spend the day vegging on the sofa with the kids.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Nope. It’s peeing down outside so I’m doing jobs, currently clearing out my loft before I get free insulation fitted. Wife is sorting through it all for ebay and charity items and we’re both trying to work out the least muddy place to take the dogs out before the roast is done. Found my ski boots and am wondering if I should get a new pair or stick with them as they’ve only done 8 weeks (in 8 years)

chiefgrooveguru

I got some kind of virus last Friday but had a weekend of (bike, I had a couple of days of horse riding there a few weeks earlier) riding in Wales ahead – did the gap route round the Brecon Beacons on the Saturday, where the virus tried to kill me on the climb up. Goggled up (yes, full enduro!) and powered by tangfastics, the descent was brilliant! Was sensible in the pub but still had a night of sweating and shivering which didn’t bode well for a day of uplift at BPW…

Armed with cold & flu pills, more haribo and malt loaf I had a great day at BPW – somehow managed eleven uplifts! I think I knew that if I stopped my body would give up. Drove back (Sod’s law it’s the first trip to Wales in a while where I’ve been one of the drivers!) to Brighton and at that point my body did give up. Have had a week of me being ill, wife being ill and then toddler joining in with something different. Heating stopped working – fixed it. Washing machine broke and spewed welsh mud everywhere. Felt better on Friday! Got toddler’s cold on Saturday. Just had a pie, which was nice. Will have to go outside when mini-CGG wakes up because she will demand a walk…

Looking forward to playing in the mud on two wheels later this week but enjoying recuperation right now.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Been full of a headcold all week but it’s lovely & sunny outside here,West Lancs, so I’m going for a decongesting session/ pootle on the roadbike.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Lovely and sunny in Midlothian. I’m looking after the kids so swapping bits over on to a new frame but front mech isn’t suitable so it’ll have to wait a few more days. Might have to try the singlespeed.

superfli
    Free Member

26 miles in the pissing rain. Very cold and wet. Trails were lovely and technical though, plenty of wet roots and chalk to keep me concentrating! 7 of us out braving the weather 🙂

Shoe drier doing wonders for me now!

Euro
    Free Member

No rain here just blue skies and slow melting frost. Riding buddy got himself a new bike and was understandably mad keen to break it in. We were on the trails before 9 and back home by 12.30.

badnewz
    Free Member

Heavy rain in Hertfordshire all day, not even a nineteenth-century Welsh Baptist minister would walk out in this.
    Staying in: reading, five live, writing.

winston
    Free Member

Just got back from yotting – if you are going to get wet then best do it properly! As an aside I wore an aldi merino top and waterproof socks from the last cycle stuff sale and they were both superb

threeek
    Free Member

Forced myself to get out first thing this morning from Hitchin. A very wet 19m, but still ended up having a good ride surfing through the slime.

Now trying to motivate myself to clean up the trail of muddy carnage I’ve left through the flat.

DezB
    Free Member

Stood around in a muddy field getting soaked while the 30 kids got themselves even more soaked by rolling around in the mud and chased after an egg shaped ball.
    Loved it!

SidewaysTim

Just back from my first ride in about two months after surgery. It was **** ace. Woods, roots, leaves, mud, new bike, beer.
    I love mountain bikes.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I went out with my boy (7) to the quarry to do ‘skills’ (riding down banks). He lasted half an hour before he got too cold.

ibnchris

Just back in after 25 miles of very wet and muddy riding on the North Downs…nobody else out there today at all which made it all feel a bit more grrrr that it really was.

Now at home with that slightly unpleasant itchy feet and hands thing you get when you heat up frozen limbs too quickly

threeek
    Free Member

I saw one person on my ride, he was wearing a proper old-school bright yellow sou’wester – I felt pretty hardcore!

spacemonkey

Probably wouldn’t have gone out just by myself, but a couple of mates were up for an early start so that was t hat. 3hr slush-fest around Leith Hill but well worth it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

No riding today, but got a day off tomorrow – forcast looks good 8)

dunmail
    Free Member

A nice day out from about midday which was about the time my hangover wore off. Unfortunately I forgot my sunglasses, really needed them with the sun so low at this time of year. A bitter wind though, you didn’t want to hang around anywhere exposed.

mccraque

I raced the Merida Brass Monkeys today. Squeezed in 3 laps as just went under 2 hours for 2. Last one was a particularly wet agonising slop fest.

And an hour to clean all my gear after…

Sandwich

A full lap of Thetford Poacher (the old red) it was a bit soggy. The clothing had a shower before it went into the washer. Second load for the outer layer about to go on. Bike rinsed off in the wet again.
    There were other madmen out in the foulness today and Go Ape were also running.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘the rain wins’ is closed to new replies.