Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The Racing Post
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Nothing to report here 😥

Anyone up to anything this weekend?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

nationals on sunday

crazy-legs

Sportive for me, 100 miles in the Cheshire Cat.
    Forecast isn't the best I've ever seen…

oldgit
    Free Member

Nationals, is that Sherwood Pines?

JamesP
    Free Member

Yes. Sherwood Pines. Apparently a mudfest. Not looking forward to it much. Its going to be hard.

oldgit
    Free Member

Fell off twice the other day, all this rain on top of two weeks dry hardpacked surface is a racing nightmare.

ourmaninthenorth

M&D 10 mile time trial tomorrow. I'll prob do a steady 30 miles out to warm up.

If I have time, I'll sneak onto the Cheshire Cat to get a century in before Flanders next week.

cxi
    Free Member

First Questars Adventure Race of the year in the New Forest for me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

wasnt planning to BUT

just noticed there is a 18mile time trial starting at 10am from near here

will likely ride out and try and buy my way into that on the line. Failing that ill take a camera and take some photos i think

dont have my (just purchased) TT bike nor my tri bars in aberdeen with me so itll be my scrappy road bike – be interesting to see what i can get without em !

ourmaninthenorth

dont have my (just purchased) TT bike nor my tri bars in aberdeen with me so itll be my scrappy road bike – be interesting to see what i can get without em !

Only ever ride TTs in the drops – old school..! 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Scoured the calender and there's nothing local. Yet come late April onwards I could race four times a week on my doorstep.
    Talk about 'all dressed up and nowhere to go'

trail_rat
    Free Member

OMITN i bought that earlier this week – just a shame it wont be here till later next week.

this TT i found was purely by chance had no idea it was on

had i had my 50t ring for the fixie id have rigged that up for a laugh….

trail_rat
    Free Member

woop few phone calls , im in and im getting tri bars for the ride !

now to make the old OCR as low as i can – spacers out flipped stem and we are OFF

my lungs will hate me 18miles and 285metres of climbing/decending

trail_rat
    Free Member

good event , horrible headwinds along the back straight/climb – seems to be a good 5 or 6 mins slower than last years event

winner did 43/44mins i got 48.30 on my road bike – cant wait to get the above beast !

ourmaninthenorth

trail_rat – WTF is that saddle? Evil..! 😯

Windiest 10 I have done for a long time, so a time I definitely won't be making public.

My riding in the drops did me no good either – I was described by a clubmate who passed me ( 😳 ) as looking like I was on a club run with a number on my jersey. Oh, the shame….

ourmaninthenorth

Yet come late April onwards I could race four times a week on my doorstep.

There's more midweek road racing than I can shake a stick at. At exactly the same time I start a new job where my contracted hours require me to be there until at least 6pm. All the races start at 7pm, and are a good 45 mins drive (if I'm lucky) 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The Racing Post’ is closed to new replies.