Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The Racing Post
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Central CXL at Green Park, near Aston Hill.
    Still baby steps this year, oh and it is Sunday isn’t it aP.

oldgit
    Free Member

#### me all that racing machinery on display and no ones racing.
    All you big calved low HR gods must be doing something?

aP
    Free Member

Yup, Sunday. Apparently the course won’t have the river crossings in it now.
    Now the fog’s gone I think I’ll pop out on the arsenic and see if I can get the shifting sorted out.

pixelmix
    Free Member

ScottishCX at Auchentoshan (classic Scottish place name if ever there was one) on Sunday for me. I’m told that the course is quite hilly, so should make for interesting riding on my singlespeed inbred.

Coleman
    Free Member

Round 6 SRAM Notts/Derby League at Sinfin Moor Park on Saturday for me.
    Will be a slip slidey mudfest me thinks.
    Good luck to all racing.

oldgit
    Free Member

pixelmix, as long as you have big calves and a low HR you’ll be fine.
    So aP I can leave the rubber ring at home is that right.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Darn it, I knew I was forgetting something – big calves.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

london league CX at Gunpowder Park. Want to stop getting 11th place but it’s unlikely I’ll do better 🙁

LS
    Free Member

Notts and Derby league for me. Should be mud-tastic!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

9th round of the Swedish CX cup, snow forecast and forzen ground will result in some intresting cornering!

LS
    Free Member

I’ve only got skinny calves – should I stay at home and save myself an hour or so of bike cleaning afterwards?

oldgit
    Free Member

Well as long as your HR is low you’ll be okay. My legs are skinny and my HR is high so by rites according to the STW massive I shouldn’t be even able to ride.

LS
    Free Member

Phew. That’s a relief. I’ll just make sure I get out of the way of the proper riders with their big calves, then. I wouldn’t want to hold them up on their way to undoubted glory.

Coleman
    Free Member

I think LS is being somewhat modest!
    If he’s the same LS I’m thinking of who usually gets a top three placing.

simondbarnes

Otterspool Park, NW League Round 10 for me tomorrow 🙂

Going to try out a new front tyre, hope it grips in the mud!

colnagokid

If I get the new bike built up tonight and test ridden tomorra I might grace CXNE round 5? at Stainton, its near Barney Castle apparently
    Dont hold your breath tho!

IainGillam
    Free Member

University championship duathlon this week at Castle Combe for me, haven’t ran in a while so it could be interesting potentially a good chance to get a descent 10mile tt time though. Next week I’ll have the joys of my first mountain bike race for a while then a road race the week after. Off season, what off season?

Iain

dobo
    Free Member

going to see if i can get my bike to work as it should then may do the Wessex thruxton race tomorrow.. so damn close to SS it..

keavo
    Free Member

hamsterley forest duathlon, off road 4k/18k/4k. hoping for a decent near the front ish performance in spite of an odd shaped left calf (old muscle detachement injury)

simondbarnes

The course at Otterspool Park was bloody fantastic. The Ottersberg and the Muro Di Otterspool climbs were particularly evil. Never seen so many crashes in a race before either. People need to learn to ride off camber grassy/muddy stuff 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

People need to learn to ride off camber grassy/muddy stuff

Nah leave em. I’m surprised at the amount of riders that go down on cambers, our gain though Mr Barnes.

simondbarnes

Very true, the buggers always get me back on the flat, grassy bits though 🙁

oldgit
    Free Member

Same here, kept looking down at my wheels with that ‘I blame you’ look.
    You raced today, I prefer that. Sundays riding day. Saturday riding never seems the same?
    Anyway new venue Sunday, something else to look forward to.

simondbarnes

Have a good un 🙂 Really pleased with my result today. 75th out of 107 finishers (120+ starters)

LiverpoolCentury_103 by Ed Rollason Photography, on Flickr

oldgit
    Free Member

Good race today, and good to see our relatively new league is starting to grow in numbers.
    Bad luck Rig with the last lap puncture.
    And thanks to aP and Londonlady for the illegal cheering 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The Racing Post’ is closed to new replies.