Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Racing Post
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Forgot it was Friday 😳

Training all weekend. Then round 3 of the Summit series at Lotts Wood.
    Racing a crit Tuesday, then racing xc Wednesday is painfull I can tell you, and I won't be doing it again.

trail_rat
    Free Member

300km audax on the snow roads with 5000m climbing. perhaps with the 100km potter for tea tagged on the end tomorrow night if it will get me my SR series in 4 weeks flat

oldgit
    Free Member

Jesus you're getting like forest Gump but with a bike. Hats off to ya anyway and enjoy.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Trail_rat – are you like me disappointed that they have lowered the upper limit on the average speed from 30 to 25. Looking forward to doing the Snow Roads myself tomorrow too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

got an extra special treat for next weeks racing post

trail_rat
    Free Member

wont bother me – mike robert and me will just stop at braemar for an extended break

oldgit
    Free Member

don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me.

ourmaninthenorth

This week has been a bike and racing related disaster:

*Tuesday night – arrive for last in series of local TLI road races, but my first race (new job meant I couldn't make the others), only to discover it's my turn to marshall.

*Last night, organise a local chaingang. Decide to ride home past the meet point on the commuter to pick up the race bike (commuter's gears skipping like a frog with hiccups). Polar HRM packs in so have no speedo. Arrive at chaingang after hard 25 miles. Get cramp and dropped on the first lap. Roll round the other way, and they fly past me when I can't turn round. Chase, but defeated by headwind. Get on for third lap, and cramp again. Give up.

🙁

In answer to your quesiton, Carl:

*Marshalling a 50 this weekend.

*Crit race next Tuesday

*MTB race next Thursday (but Mrs North doesn't know about this yet…).

oldgit
    Free Member

OMITN
    Is your Crit at Darley Moor?
    My mate has just started racing and did his first TLI race there. He phoned me afterwards and told me he couldn't get out of his car he was so fubbered 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

Is your Crit at Darley Moor?

No, Oulton Park (as in the motor racing circuit). Series of three. Tell your mate to tip up to those – big fields, so not so hard.

Darley moor is a windy motorcycle racing circuit – it can be tough. Let a gap open and you're stuffed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

oldgit – Member
    don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me.

if you insist – 600kms out of corstorpine – between 20 and 40 hours to finish it ! monday should be fun at work hahaa

oldgit
    Free Member

Even the venue sounds like a drug. Are you hammering these out on a race bike or a 'proper' audax bike?

trail_rat
    Free Member

that

oldgit
    Free Member

One of those bikes you could happilly pedal away all day on, I had one once.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

friday night summer series tonight, but then a weekend off raceing for the first time in 5 weeks. planning on a epic mtb ride on sunday. PLenty of CAKE though!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i did do one event on my stealth …. only 150k but quickly learnt that TT bikes dont climb well ….on the moulin moors

trail_rat
    Free Member

foooooooood

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The Racing Post’ is closed to new replies.