Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The Racing Post
  • oldgit
    Free Member

OK whos up for what? XC, road, TT, enduro, downhill sportive anything. Club STW seems to have riders in all aspects of the sport.

Nothing here, but I have two races midweek. Road race Tuesday evening and an XC race Wednesday evening.

Club STW there's a fun idea.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Clic24 Solo.

crazy-legs

Club STW there's a fun idea.

No riding would ever get done, there'd be a car park argument about what tyres to use… 😉

I'm going to the Lincoln Grand Prix (Premier Calendar road race).
    No, of course I'm not racing it, don't be silly!

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

friday night summer series round 1 tonight, followed by the british mountain bike series on sunday.

oldgit
    Free Member

KINGTUT fingers crossed for fair weather, I've done nine solos all in the wet never done a dry one. I refuse to do another.

PlumzRichard, I wanted to do that series, but would struggle to get to events on time, and sadly the Milton Keynes round isn't happening this year?

njee20
    Free Member

BMBS2 at Wasing for me, hoping for dry, as it'll be a boggy mess in the wet!

colnagokid

First road race for a few years on Tues, Aussie Persuit so I'll start with the kids and pensioners!

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

njee20 what position did you get in round 1, i saw you had a good start.

njee20
    Free Member

I did, then my lack of training showed up and I went backwards!

Think I was 30th in the end. Hopefully do slightly better at Wasing, although I won't be gridded! You going?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

yer i won the open by a huge margin (first nps) so are moving up to sport this weekend, not gridded either but hopeing there will be a good long fire road start ao i can get up there.

oldgit
    Free Member

colnagokid where are you racing?

njee20
    Free Member

There was a decent tarmac fireroad to start at the Southern, not quite sure it would be long enough to really sort out the field at an NPS though, sure they'll have added some.

trail_rat
    Free Member

MTBO event for me in drumtochty

if my throat infection **** off !

lock
    Free Member

im doing the bmbs at wasing but think ive jumped in way to deep in the masters,should av done the sport or even the kids race 😕

njee20
    Free Member

You'll be fine, it'll be quick, but not that bad.

oldgit
    Free Member

I'm hoping doing the Summit XC the day after the Crit isn't going to cause embarasment.

colnagokid

@oldgit local TLI race in Northumberland, great local series of about 20 races. Known as the 'Tuesday Night World Champs' 😀

Blackhound

300km audax tomorrow if that counts. Alfreton to Skegness and back – longest ride I have ever done. Hope to finish before Lincoln GP comes through or else crazy-legs will have someone else to cheer / heckle…..

DWH
    Free Member

BMBS2 at Wasing for me too.

oldgit
    Free Member

@colnagokid, like my local series at the Milton Keynes bowl.

Blackhound good luck with that one, and again fingers crossed for decent weather.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

So how did we all get on ?

DWH
    Free Member

Badly.

The conditions at Wasing were really good so it was a very fast course. Too fast for me, it was just a case of hanging on.

Did anyone see the pile up at the start of the open? Apparently a chain snapped, chaos ensued and someone's bike broke in two!

njee20
    Free Member

Talking to the guys involved I don't think any chains snapped, just people going for gaps that suddenly closed.

There did seem to be a huge number of snapped chains elsewhere though!

I really enjoyed myself, rode round very slowly at the back nursing some tired legs! Great course though.

oldgit
    Free Member

Start line tumbles huh 🙄

I'm racing a local crit tonight, however I've also got an xc race Wednesday and I'm thinking of passing on the crit.
    The XC races are five events over three months, whilst the crits are every Tuesday until late August. I think it's probably wise not to race the crits in the xc weeks.
    Whaddaya think?

DWH
    Free Member

Dunno really. On a really bad week I race on the track on a Monday, TT on Tuesday, BMBO on Wednesday, another TT on Thursday, group ride on Saturday and then an XC race on Sunday. No wonder I'm always last.

I'd do the crits but take try to take it easy on the weeks when you've got an XC race. But what do I know? I've only got Fridays free and I'm wondering if I can fit the Midlands 'Friday Night Summer Series' in to that somehow?

That section near the finish through the Bluebells was nice wasn't it?

njee20
    Free Member

Thought the whole course was good to be honest, a few niggly bits, but generally spot on. They'd done really well since the Southern to get it sorted.

I personally wouldn't do back to back races like that, you're not gonna go well and it's going to be depressing and a waste of your entry fee. Either/or for me.

oldgit
    Free Member

That'll do me. The crits not long, but it's very fast pretty sure I'd feel it racing the next day.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, and if you're going to do the crit but not ride it hard, what's the point in doing it at all?

oldgit
    Free Member

Exactamundo

That crits 1 hour plus 5 laps and a laps well under a Km and you clock up 51Km that's near on 30MPH average.
    It is a basic oval though.

lock
    Free Member

what a great course,i new the masters was goner be to fast for ,pretty sure i was at the back but really enjoyed and you always feel like your in a race in xc ,not like when you dropped in a road race and it gets real lonely,goner av a rest week and maybe try gorrick masters sunday

njee20
    Free Member

Results, you can see if you were at the back!

Masters is always very fast at national level, Gorricks are much more sedate.

millsonwheels
    Free Member

I have entered the South West xc race on Woodbury Common on Sunday http://www.fullysussed.co.uk/index.php?p=1_7
    Haven't riden there before so looking forward to it.

oldgit
    Free Member

Just looked at the Grande Vets results and saw a name I remember from my past Bernie Shrosbree riding for Merida. Seem to remember him being involved in big stuff when I was doing Tris ultras etc in between leaving the infantry.

njee20
    Free Member

Looks like he's given up a bit since then 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

My mtbO went tits up 7 mins after starting ….. a stylish dismount in the style of the handlebar vault with a 2 foot plant and duck for the bike following resulted in broken map board …. So just went for a 5hr ride round the singletrack and picked up what i could while having fun. Finished 4th

the missus underestimated one climb and ended up stuck an hour away at 10 mins past the finish closing …..

10 utb this week so was probably the right choice to calm down as wasnt fully over the throat infection

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘The Racing Post’ is closed to new replies.