Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 'The Racing Post'
  • oldgit
    Free Member

So who's where and doing what this weekend?

Nothing (again) in my league so I'm hopping over the border into the Wessex League for their Oxonian Cross. Though it's Saturday when I'm working, but hey ho.

Coleman
    Free Member

Round 9 of the SRAM Notts/Derby league at Sinfin Moor Park. Should be nice and muddy – Yippee!

Good luck to all racing.

oldgit
    Free Member

Quiet on the racing front then this weekend 😐

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Lon League at Hog Hill. New course and the video looks like it should be dryish on mostly hardpack trails. Hopefully the mud tubs can stay on the spare bike 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Defecting from nw league to central on sunday.Should be in bolton but the olds live in shrewsbury (and its organised by my old club) and only 30mins from home.Hoping to make up for my first 'cba' (could'nt be arsed) last sat at st. helens-twas dismal.Does anyone else get mid season slump?Just was'nt feeling the love.My results have plateaued (despite an extra 19 gears) and the newness has worn off now!!!Need to mtfu…

simondbarnes

NW league race @ Leverhulme Park, Bolton for me. Hoping for a good turnout and a drop in temps to freeze the mud!

oldgit
    Free Member

Chaps the fees in brackets in the BC calender are entry on the day/line fees aren't they and not as well as. I.e £10 (£10) is a tenner on the day regardless. just hecking as my lad might be racing as well.
    Ta.

colnagokid

2 weeks till next league race for me-need it after the "Killingworth Disaster" just ordered some michelin muds hope they're better then r'ralphs in the clarts

oldgit
    Free Member

I've not changed tyres all season, though I'm not a serious contender, but I have found my much 'dissed' Speed Kings excelent.
    What about the fees thing?

simondbarnes

What about the fees thing?

I.e £10 (£10) is a tenner on the day regardless

Yup.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Western League Round 10 for me, Ashton Court (Briz).

Pleased to say I've now raced CX every weekend since Sept 6th, and will right up to 3rd Jan 😀

(Might even do the London League Rnd 15 at Stanmer Park on 31st Jan).

I *heart* CX, me 😀

simondbarnes

Bloody hell that was a muddy, energy sapping course!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

LOL! Wow. Mudbath at Ashton Court today, too (not *quite* as bad as that, mind) but combined with MUCH rain. It was the thin, wet mud which doesn't clog.

Pic to follow soon, hopefully…

simondbarnes

There's a brake under there somewhere 🙂
    Fair play to the bike though, it kept on going, no need to stop and de-clag.

oldgit
    Free Member

Just one event left now 😥 that's in two weeks.
    Feeling very very nervous about making the jump from road racing under the LVRC back into the BC fold. I forsee a fair few DNF's until I find my mojo, that's if I still have a mojo.
    The cross has got to have helped ❗

Rorschach
    Free Member

Was'nt much better for the west mids round in shrewsbury-fekkin mud ate my hanger and 2 ride old ultegra mech.grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

trio25
    Free Member

I was at haslingden on saturday, which was more of a carrying race than a cross race due to the claggy mud. Then Bolton with Simon on sunday, much more rideable and I think probably my best ride of the season. I was actually feeling like I was racing!

oldgit
    Free Member

ap
    Any idea what the competion is like at the Imperial Series, looking for something I can get on the back end of without getting slaughtered.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

London League on Sunday was pretty epic! Top half of the course was wettish mud that cleared quite well but the bottom sections were so boggy at times is was quicker to run on the flat, euro-styleee. Luckily there was enough road and hardpack to clear the bike a bit.

Is the imperial series the hillingdon winter one? racing on the road at this time of yera is plain bats!

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep at the Hillingdon Circuit, I've got lots of catching up to do so want to get cracking ASAP

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Don't worry, start in march/april and you still have a 6month long season. You'll burn out if you start now, especially if you've been doing cross

oldgit
    Free Member

My cross season is/was just 7 races long and I didn't road race earlier due to injury. So I was going to start early and use it as 'forced' training. Looking at the events for 4th cat/V50+ they all seem very short anyway?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘'The Racing Post'’ is closed to new replies.