Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Quantocks err…rocks!
  • franki
    Free Member

Just come back from a family camping trip to Somerset, staying within easy riding distance of the Quantock Hills.
    I’ve not visited the Quantocks before, so took the bike along (obviously!), to put a few miles in.
    Gotta say it’s an amazing place to ride. Loads of variation, great views, hard climbs and endless singletrack descents. As it was my first trip and I was cycling alone, I combined a couple of routes from the V.G. guide, taking in the descents of Smith’s Combe, Weacombe Combe, Sheppard’s / Hodder Combe and Somerton Combe. All excellent stuff and I spied loads of alternatives and cheeky options. Will be back for sure! 😀

100_5312 by franklini10, on Flickr

100_5315 by franklini10, on Flickr

100_5239 by franklini10, on Flickr

100_5243 by franklini10, on Flickr

100_5305 by franklini10, on Flickr

100_5241 by franklini10, on Flickr

100_5234 by franklini10, on Flickr

100_5314 by franklini10, on Flickr

oxym0r0n

Shhhh!

Clink

How is the Fortitude?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    franki
    Free Member

Ooops, sorry! In fact, what I meant to say was that it was rubbish, and on no account should anyone be tempted to ride there. 😉

Tbh, I didn’t encounter many bikers up there – certainly fewer than expected. I was only riding weekdays, though.

franki
    Free Member

I love it, Clink.
    It’s my first 29er and took a ride or two to adapt, but that’s sorted now. I came from a Genesis Io SS, which I was very happy with. This is even better and has become my sole off-roader! I don’t own a geared bike now. 😀

Clink

It’s my first 29er and took a ride or two to adapt, but that’s sorted now. I came from a Genesis Io SS, which I was very happy with. This is even better and has become my sole off-roader! I don’t own a geared bike now.

Great to hear!

singlecrack
    Free Member

Oi …ger orf our land

knottie8
    Free Member

twas nice up there yesterday .

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Nice pictures. I ended up going there for a final Quantocks fix yesterday before I go to turkey today. I told the missus I was just doing a quick road ride to pines cafe but ended up going all the way to triscombe 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Quantocks err…rocks!’ is closed to new replies.