Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The purple army arrive…
  • wwaswas

“Rain” is the official weather of the Olympics so we can’t talk about that now either.

xcgb
    Free Member

I was a fan of the Olympics but I have been involved with it over the last few months and this is the really depressing side. Trouble is it has to be paid for, and LOCOG took the decision to take the extra billions that these companies have put up, so maybe its better this way otherwise taxpayers would be paying more?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Olympics organisers have warned businesses that during London 2012 their advertising should not include a list of banned words, including “gold”, “silver” and “bronze”, “summer”, “sponsors” and “London”.

WTF?
    Gold and Silversmiths are screwed then, along with jewellers!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

And sun tan centres.

xcgb
    Free Member

My local pub is right on the cycle race route she can’t say she sells burgers! can say meat patties……..

xcgb
    Free Member

Under legislation specially introduced for the London Games, they have the right to enter shops and offices and bring court action with fines of up to £20,000.

beggars belief

mcboo
    Free Member

another Olympic moan thread

mcboo
    Free Member

ohnohesback did you get your tickets yet?

xcgb
    Free Member

another Olympic moan thread

Its not moaning about the Olympics I am still a fan but its this kind of unnecessary nonsense that spoils it.

The big sponsors are really not going to get damaged by others selling the odd burger really are they?

tomhoward

I was looking forward to the Olympic Breakfast at Little Chef. Oh well.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We are going.
    I was excited.
    I am less so.
    My joy diminishes with every passing day.
    We work in the UK events industry and it’s a joke the restrictions placed to protect the big brands.
    We could have been celebrating some fantastic achievements by UK companies in creating and building the Olympics but it’s a huge NO from LOCOG.

chewkw
    Free Member

It will be the wettest/coldest(apart from Winter) Olympics in history … :mrgreen:

The whole thing should not be here in the first place but since that is no longer possible everyone has to suffer for it.

I think the organiser completely missed the point to put the sponsors ahead of local businesses.

xcgb
    Free Member

I think the organiser completely missed the point to put the sponsors ahead of local businesses.

Yeah but they aren’t gonna pay for it!

CaptJon
    Free Member

xcgb – Member

Yes they are – they are paying tax, unlike many of the sponsors

jam-bo

I was looking forward to the Olympic Breakfast at Little Chef. Oh well.

its your lucky day

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/news/919851/LOCOG-allows-Little-Chef-serve-its-Olympic-breakfasts-during-London-2012/

chewkw
    Free Member

xcgb – Member

As per CaptJon.

Secondly, we or the local business are here for the long-haul and the sponsors are here to grab and run …

Oh ya … please do not organise the Commonwealth Games … I have a sneaky feeling there will be Commonwealth Game here too … Commonwealth Games are for the needy …

LoCo
    Free Member

No of you are allowed to use LOCOG, either or I’ll come and wee in your shoes, you have been warned 😈

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Olympic triathlons have also been renamed – how silly.

xcgb
    Free Member

sponsors are here to grab and run

Indeed, but its a sad fact they a necessary evil i’m afraid, no doubt our taxes go towards the cost but it isn’t enough without them

xcgb
    Free Member

No of you are allowed to use LOCOG, either or I’ll come and wee in your shoes, you have been warned

not the same though is it, close but no cigar!! 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

LOCOG line of products in development 😉 as the start of my surname has been used for another product from a local company 😕

tomhoward

YAAAAAAAAY 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The purple army arrive…’ is closed to new replies.