Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The problems with self-timer MTB photos (Dalbeattie Slab today’s ride pics)
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Set my camera up, ran back up to the top of the “Qualifier”, jumped on my bike and totally nailed the Slab but unfortunately couldn’t quite get the timing right and the only pic I have is me just coming off this monster rock, which I can assure everyone is way steeper and bigger than it looks here!

A real shame really there was no one around to photo for me as I set off early to avoid the forecasted downpours around lunchtime.

Apart from that there was a lot more flowing singletrack than what I remembered in the past and have had a good morning’s ride. Loving Dalbeattie!

MrAgreeable

totally nailed the Slab

Really? 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

You taught me well!

MrAgreeable

Indeed. Weight back, no front brake, and, er, that’s it really!

BigDummy
    Free Member

If you didn’t get a picture, it never really happened.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Simon – clearly you were going too fast…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah but Mr Agreeable a rider of my calibre had no need for any body armour 😉

WackoAK – yeah – no need for brakes at all just rolled it down

simonralli2
    Free Member

Just to hijack my own thread, I saw a path on the red route to Moyles Hill – is that a walk where you leave your bike or is it rideable?

I only checked my map when I got back and there seems to be an ancient fort (well ruins or foundations or earth works) there too so an interesting diversion. Anyone done that?

phiiiiil

You ran from the bottom of the slab to the top, climbed on your bike and rode down it again in ten seconds?! Wow! 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – all my efforts to improve my fitness this last week (Mabie/ Ae/ Dalbeattie) have really come off! Told you I was fast!

sofaking
    Free Member

get yourself a remote

simonralli2
    Free Member

Good point sofaking. All there is left for me to do is unicycle down so I’ll have both hands free, maybe remote in one hand and video cam in the other.

RealMan
    Free Member

get yourself a camera crew

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well watch this space for Mabie’s Saturday ride. I shall say no more 🙂

MrAgreeable

a rider of my calibre had no need for any body armour

Tempting fate there surely? 😉

Seriously though, well done! Oh and there is apparently some natural trail that you can link up with the route there – have a search and I’m sure you’ll find the lowdown…

simonralli2
    Free Member

No really, in order for that photo to be taken there really was no need for body armour. No need in fact for a bike really when you think about it 😀

jonb
    Free Member

The slab always looks easy in photographs, bit different at the top though. I find the qualifier harder although lastime I carried too much speed and went into the trees at the bottom nearly running over my camera man.

phiiiiil

I’ve done the slab several times but I’m too much of a wuss to ride the qualifier… :-/

The image of me flying over the handlebars towards a pointy rocky death is too strong…

allyharp

Which is bigger – this one or the one at Laggan?

shinsplints

I thought this was a bike forum not a fishing one ? 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The problems with self-timer MTB photos (Dalbeattie Slab today’s ride pics)’ is closed to new replies.