Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • the prison sentences for the murder of stephen lawrence GRRRRRR
  • sharki
    Free Member

SD to much responsiblity.

I’ll settle for minister of human improvement! 😈

BermBandit
    Free Member

You got my vote

Which tells us all need to know about you I suspect

Hadge
    Free Member

I think the thing that angers many about the sentence being based on the fact that they were minors when they committed the crime is that for many years as adults they have continued to deny any responsibility for their actions and continued the suffering of his family.

The Lawrence family have given up 18 years of their lives to get this far and no doubt will give up more years still in the pursuit of justice for the other members of the gang. I can see how hard it must be to realise that the guilty may give up less.

I’d like to think that the 2 now inside will have it made known to them that they could be kept till they die if they don’t come forward with the names of the rest of the gang. may not be possible or legal but it would be worth planting the idea in their minds.

Best thing said on this post by far – spot on! Not saying some other comments aren’t right either gents.

Junkyard
    Free Member

DD is right we need objective and cold rational sentencing tbh if they had done this to my lad I think it would be me on trial not them.

They were kids when they did it and that is the minimum they will serve ..it seems unlikely they will fess up and be remorseful so it is unlikely they will be approved

project
    Free Member

The thing nobody has mentioned is people get murdered every day, especially this christmas and new year it seemed to be endemic.

Because the Stephen Lawrence murder sold papers, and was worthy of tick box journalism, it got attention, a lot of murders dont.

Its so very sad for the lawrence family, but ever so sad for other people whjo have had their kids murdered, for their religion, sexuality,honour killing, just in anger, or being in the wrong place .

Lets not forget all these other families who didnt get the media attention.

saladdodger
    Free Member

agreed

cynic-al
    Free Member

Agreed project.

It’s tragic that it’s taken 18 years for Justice, but it’s well established that THIS WAS THE FAULT OF THE MET.

project
    Free Member

and probably those at fault still have nice jobs and pensions.

razor1548
    Free Member

“Sorry if I appear to be a bit dumb but murder should be life as in they leave prison in a box.

How would you feel as a parent????? “

Here is a good idea to measure your development in life.

Cut and paste everything you type in this thread into a text file and save it away somewhere. Look at it again when you are a grown up. If you realise that you were an ignorant child who simple didn’t know better… then you have done well. If not… then this country really is screwed after all.

You are a large part of the reason why modern democracy isn’t doing as well as we all hoped! 🙂

razor1548
    Free Member

“Because the Stephen Lawrence murder sold papers, and was worthy of tick box journalism, it got attention, a lot of murders dont.”

Fishes swimming at the top of the pond begging their masters for food, rather like the opening poster of this topic, are exactly why the tabloids have the influence they do.

Can he really find NOTHING at all in the world today that is a bit more worthy of a ‘GRRRRRR’?

No. He just plays with the toy put in front of him like a good kitty!

project
    Free Member

Me thinkxs someone has lost the plot.

Razor

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘the prison sentences for the murder of stephen lawrence GRRRRRR’ is closed to new replies.