• This topic has 24 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The power of STW
  • HughStew

The STW forum has been a small factor in my wife’s life since we’ve been together, I occasionally mention threads or tell her terrible jokes I’ve read on here.
    We are getting a border terrier on Sunday so my wife was googling for “border terrier characteristics” and the most useful info she found was here.
    A tribute to the omniscience of the STW forum.
    I will be posting puppy photos on Sunsay.

tomhoward

This place (and the wider magazine) has a lot of things to answer for in my life. I’m not going to list them all now, a few folk will know what they are, but they have all been overwhelmingly positive, and there is no way I would be as happy with life as I am now without this place. So thank you all.

MoreCashThanDash

This place and it’s weird and wonderful inhabitants have been part of my life for 14 years now. Occasionally I’ve been a dick on here, and other people have been dicks to me, but that’s what friends are for.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

For me, the two most effective influences have been email conversations with the mods. 8)

… and fred. 😯

Drac

Please do Hugh.

Mine is 9 now and still full of himself proper little characters.

SaxonRider

This place and it’s weird and wonderful inhabitants have been part of my life for 14 years now.

Ditto that.

And occasionally I have been a bit slow on the draw, but I get it eventually. In the meantime, you lot have been exceptionally helpful and kind. Some of you exceptionally so.

Thank you!

DezB
    Free Member

Stupid website.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Full of Audi driving, left wing handwringing anti Brexiteers, wood burning, dog hating, niche-minded keyboard warriors, and some normal people.

I love it.

gordimhor

No it’s not it’s full of craft beer brewers, drinking expensive coffee, playing LPs on turntable, while fitting a wood burner into their van conversion

Northwind

This place cured my mum’s tomatoes

Stoner
    Free Member

and the most useful info she found was here

For God’s sake man, log out of your computer before handing it to the missus! All your stw cookie goodies led her here, not the depth nor breadth of our knowledge! 😀

Cougar

Occasionally I’ve been a dick on here, and other people have been dicks to me, but that’s what friends are for.

Y’know, that’s probably a better summation than my “you’ll come for the bikes, you’ll stay for the bollocks.”

This place cured my mum’s tomatoes

We advised her to take professional medical advice.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s ok. Sometimes.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Sick Tomato World?

lunge

Genuinely awesome place. I may not agree with all of you but the quality of information from people here is astonishing. The support you gave me when my wife was suffering from despression was simply amazing, I almost tear up when thinking about it.

“you’ll come for the bikes, you’ll stay for the bollocks.”
    This could not be more accurate.

funkmasterp

It’s a great little place. I came here about four years ago whilst googling for parts and advice on a bike build. Lurked in the shadows for a bit and now check in at least once a day.

You’re a bunch of argumentative arsehats, but you’re my bunch of argumentative arsehats. 🙂

I’ve actually seen and read some things on here that make me feel extremely proud of this community.

I’m going now before I start to feel emotions again

Cougar

You’re a bunch of argumentative arsehats, but your my bunch of argumentative arsehats.

Now cut her the hell down.

gauss1777
    Free Member

should we keep pets?
    Might be worth a read before the weekend. 😉

enfht
    Free Member

STW fixed it for me to milk a cow blindfolded and for that I am grateful.

bigblackshed

By page 2 it’s going to be all……..

HughStew

For God’s sake man, log out of your computer before handing it to the missus! All your stw cookie goodies led her here, not the depth nor breadth of our knowledge!

Nope she was on her iPad so a vanilla google search, unless she’s been lurking here to try to catch me committing indiscretions, hmmmm.

Drac

I will be posting puppy photos on Sunsay.

tjagain

I’m a masochist. I come here for the virtual beatings I get

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Nope she was on her iPad so a vanilla google search

On the same internet connection has what you use to read STW?

= Not a vanilla google search!

yunki
    Free Member

It’s not as simple as that mrmonkeyfinger..

My other half was googling summink or another off her phone whilst we were on holiday last month… and on two separate occasions answers from STW came up on the first page

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The power of STW’ is closed to new replies.