Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The power of cake
  • bearnecessities

First off. I have a boring, clean diet.

Swim tonight was ridiculously good (imagine a ride where you’ve just got loads of energy – I appreciate this isn’t a swimming forum 🙂 ).

I beat my own (loosely measured) PB by 3 minutes; that’s in 7 years of swimming. Completely out of the blue. I probably could have gone faster in hindsight.

I was thinking what was different in diet/rest etc, then realised today I had a massive piece of lovely victoria sponge cake at about 10am, as part of an amazing cake sale at work. (Sponge, jam, iced toppping and a bit of strawberry fact-fans.)

Now i get the whole calories/energy thing to a reasonable degree…but it’s not that is it? Surely not? That much difference from a bit of cake consumed 7 hours earlier?

Please say it is, so I can add daily cake to my usual food consumption.

(Serious question though for those that do competitive stuff/knowledgeable on such matters)

racefaceec90

you cannot go wrong with a nice slice of cake 😉

matt_outandabout

Mmmm, cake, mmmmm

Harry_the_Spider

GAY CAKE?

scaredypants

cake is threatening our nation’s youth, or something – isn’t it ?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

It’s the antioxidants in the strawberry–they eat all the slowness so you can swim really fast

bearnecessities

Don’t think it was gay cake.

*blows kiss at HtS*

zippykona

I should have had super double power today then!

bearnecessities

Nice 8) Happy belated Birthday!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have been off cake for a while for diet reasons. I’m full of cold today, so have just had a modest chunk of brownie to cheer myself up. I currently feel invincible.

Although I did have a lemsip at the same time, so it may be basically the paracetamol. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get yer self to LKF and drown any cold in even colder beer, BD!

Bregante

The Mrs made some chocolate fudge brownies last weekend and I snuck a slab into my jersey pocket to munch on a 50 mile road ride. Cue 83 PRs on strava despite the fact that my front mech sheared in half at the mid way point of the ride and I ended up stuck in the big ring for the last 20 odd miles.

I’m expecting a call from Team Sky any day to try and buy the recipe 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The power of cake’ is closed to new replies.