Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The Postman Only Rings Twice…………..
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Well not if he’s my posty. He just pushes an undelivered parcel note through the door and pegs it. Two mornings in a row now he has pushed the ‘you weren’t in’ cards through the door without knocking.

Lazy postman.

pigyn
    Free Member

Too busy after the bad weather to carry the packages round, so leave them at the depo and make you pick them up!

Harry_the_Spider

Happened to me last year when I opened the door as he was pushing the card through.

He said he had too much to carry so the parcel was left at the post office.

I wasn’t bothered at the time as I was only half a mile away from it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    postierich
    Free Member

YaWn more lying customers to lazy to get off the sofa watching Jeeza,grow some balls and confront the Postie or his manager!

Harry_the_Spider

I’m not moaning. The poor bloke had a ton of stuff and I was there and back within 10 minutes.

philconsequence
    Free Member

set up an elaborate net trap to bag him up as he tries to post a “sorry we’re too lazy to carry to parcel someone has paid us to deliver to your door” note, as he’s swinging in the net get the local kids to throw chewed up gummy sweets at his head, once enough have stuck into his hair then let him down and ask him where the parcel is seeing as you are evidently ACTUALLY in to receive the parcel someone has paid to be delivered to your door.

film it all, send to YBF, profit.

postierich
    Free Member

Tell him to get a HCT trolley! 😕

loddrik
    Free Member

Think yourself lucky. I sold a coat to someone on here and when their postman delivered it he signed his wifes name and either left it somewhere unknown or kept it for himself.

Xylene
    Free Member

So postierich, are you saying that Mrs Q, sitting in the living room, 5 foot from the front door, must have not heard the postman knocking on the door, and left him to post the card through.

Toss. He or one of his bosses is lazy, over parceled or one of the two.

I don’t mind picking it up, the sorting office is 200yards down the road, but I do object to sticking notes through the door saying we weren’t in when we were.

Xylene
    Free Member

Think yourself lucky. I sold a coat to someone on here and when their postman delivered it he signed his wifes name and either left it somewhere unknown or kept it for himself.

My old postie in Wylam used to do that for letters that would fit through the letter box, he would then post it through. Handy, but surely naughty.

GrahamS

Quirrel: the current Wylam postie just chapped on and handed me my parcel, and another for two doors down to save them the hassle of getting a card and having to go to the depot. So either the one you had got better or he got replaced 😀

postierich
    Free Member

Quirrel what Delivery Office?

I can assure you thats its classed as wilful delay of mail and it is a sackable offence, no Postie in this current climate would risk his job,no such thing as job and finish in the job anymore.

If your only 200 yds from the office he has possible done a loop and gone back to the office to pick more mail/parcels up

But if I was you I would pop down to the office

Spud

Had similar with a courier on Monday, I only found out he couldn’t find our house after trying at 7:40pm when ringing up the supplier to find out where it was. I was in and painting the lounge so was in, our house is also on the main road with a big number of the wall. Lazy *******.

Our posties have been great in the current weather, they were out in the van last Thursday in awful weather. Having been to pick up several yesterday I couldn’t believe the amount of mail that hasn’t been able to be delivered.

Sandwich

Not only not able to be delivered but no trunking from oop north™ for some while. There’s a tsunami of stuff to come that’s all backed up.

MrOvershoot

I am going to nominate (once again) our post girl Suzanne as the person to sort these slackers out.
    I have never met such a cheery person that just gets on with her job whatever the weather or task, she also loves riding a biken 😀
    If I wasn’t already married then she would be the girl for me 😉

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I caught our Postie delivering today, so I popped out to say “thanks” as they’ve been battling the elements recently.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He just pushes an undelivered parcel note through the door and pegs it.

He died ? 😯

And you’re having a whinge ?…………..you’re a hard man mate 😐

I think you could feel a bit of gratitude for your postie’s last heroic deed……..he was obviously concerned that despite all else, you should still receive your parcel 💡

ourmaninthenorth

Our postie was delivering parcels on Sunday (though, of course, RM don’t do Sunday deliveres). He knocked on the door, I answered, he said “Mr North?” I said “Yes”. And we carried on wth our days.

Parcelfaorce, OTOH, and past masters at the knock and run game (IME).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The Postman Only Rings Twice…………..’ is closed to new replies.