Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • The perfect UK trail bike?
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Now, where have we seen that design before…??? 🙂

I bought the future 🙄 🙄

😛

_tom_
    Free Member

The “pretentious coffee ****” video was so boring! Fair play for riding all of that fully rigid though.

For me the perfect uk bike is a long travel hardtail with 2×9.

radoggair
    Free Member

Yeah, that alps vid was rather boring. Could prob quite happily do all that stuff on a bmx but doesn’t mean its the ideal UK trail bike. The thing thatlet that rider down was his lack of speed and the fact you couldn’t help but think that a 130mm fork would of helped him out sooo much

steve_b77
    Free Member

I thought the video was very pleasing on the eye, who really gives a hoot if he was riding slowly, drinking coffee and wrecking his spokes undoing a beer – if he’d been on a Cove Handjob he could’ve just used the built in bottle opener – but hey he was riding and where’s the bad in that.

As for the perfect UK trail bike, it all depends on where and what you’re trails are 8)

Blower
    Free Member

hear hear stevebb7, pleasing to the eye thats all.

and same for tazzys last remark,

why a full bouncy for trail parks? maybe here n there,for me i prefer a nice hardtail for them places

radoggair
    Free Member

steve-b77 – The remark wasn’t solely against the rider but more the right tool for the job. Why the OP of the vid put it up was simply because if this guy could ride that stuff on that bike then thats all you need for stuff in the UK when quite simply this isn’t the case. I was simply sayin i could of done that on a bmx but that doesn;t mean a bmx is the only trail bike you need.

Put it simply, i could drive a fiat 500 round silverstone but for the right job would you take that or an atom/caterham etc ( i mean they both do the same job right? )

tazzymtb

simply because if this guy could ride that stuff on that bike then thats all you need for stuff in the UK when quite simply this isn’t the case.

it was done with a massive dose of tongue in cheek but I guess most of you “serious” riders tend to have a sense of humour deficit when it comes to people gently taking the piss. 🙄

to be fair the original video to showcase the awesome 130mm trail bike was flatter than a kippers genitalia hence the “you don’t need a boinger for that” stance.

I’ll leave you chaps to it

the devinci hectic is bloomin good bike for big mountains as well

radoggair
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member
    29er rigid single speed. If it’s good enough for the alps it’s more than sufficient for the poxy UK.

it was done with a massive dose of tongue in cheek but I guess most of you “serious” riders tend to have a sense of humour deficit when it comes to people gently taking the piss.

Sorry Tazzy, i obviously dont understand your sense of humour. All you had to do was put a 🙄 after the original sentence to denote your’massive dose of tongue in cheek’.
    And yes i can be a serious rider when i’m racing but most of the time i have a great sense of humour, so since you have never met me or know me i feel that your comment was unjust and not neccessary

tazzymtb

did I specifically single you out and say you had no sense of humour? Did i buggery but if you want to take it as a personal slight or a stain on your honour feel free.

I give up on internet forums 😥

there seems to be a combative group of folks who will go out of their way to be grumpy sods even if it means watching a film clip they know they won’t like just so they can then piss and moan about it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ignore ’em tazzy. Personally I’m not keen on either 29ers or singlespeeds at the mo’ but (aside from the purpose of this post 😉 ) feel no need to let anyone else know. Loved the video clip though – cool trails, nice music and a chap obviously enjoying his riding . . . what’s not to like 8) . More of the same please . . . oh, and let’s see some more trail bikes.

smell_it
    Free Member

most of the time i have a great sense of humour

love it.. 😀

Blower
    Free Member

theyre obviuosly super awesome riders tazzy 🙂

tazzymtb

I know they’re ugly but this is a great trail bike (for little fellas like me, big lads can make them flex a wee bit) as was this, but it was a bit too chunky monkey for the majority of my riding.

kudos100
    Free Member

The splinter looks like it would take a hammering 🙂 How did it ride?

tazzymtb

it was ace but kept egging me on to try things way above my skill/bravery level…. if I’d have kept it at some point it would have gone all “earth/sky/earth/sky/ambulance” in a major way!

the epi is just super fast, very light and gets me out of trouble but still needs some rider input rather than just being a skill compensator. It works for me, loads of people would hate it 🙂

kudos100
    Free Member

it was ace but kept egging me on to try things way above my skill/bravery level…. if I’d have kept it at some point it would have gone all “earth/sky/earth/sky/ambulance” in a major way!

Yep the ridge has a habit of doing that as well. 😀 Love it though, best bike I have ever ridden.

tazzymtb

would still love to have one of these for play days

it’s the splinter MX the big boys version

kudos100
    Free Member

Not the prettiest thing in the world, but looks like it would be brilliant fun to ride. Shame they don’t make em anymore.

tazzymtb

the GRUITR looks like a top bike, sort of orange 5/heckler meets red neck engineering

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, I like that 8)

tazzymtb

mamadirt- you know you want one…..they do a nice jumpy hardtail as well…..you REALLY NEED one of those!!

Bazz

Are all the Orange 5 riders boycotting this thread?

tazzymtb
    orangefive
    Free Member

hello 😀

chiefgrooveguru

Jeez, that was one dull slow video.

Now I’m no skillz guru but even I can see his riding position when descending is horrible – so upright and with such straight arms. Whip round for a skills course?

kudos100
    Free Member

They also make a 29er, which even I will admit looks pretty cool 🙂

singlespeedstu

Maybe you guys slagging tazzy video link should take the time to watch some of that guys other videos…

It’s a fair bet that he’s got a lot more bike control than most of you. chiefgrooveguru care to show all of us some of your none straight armed riding technique videos?

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/11381940[/video]

radoggair
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member
    did I specifically single you out and say you had no sense of humour?

Just to clear this one Taz, you quoted something i said then commented on it, so yeah, i would say you were at least including me in it.

Anyway sss, the guy looks like he has got some great skill, i think a more suitable bike would of shown them off better thats all and i would say that i have really great bike control. Dont take my word though, people who have rode with me on here would verify this

singlespeedstu

Dont take my word though, people who have rode with me on here would verify this

And the same goes for me if you’d care to ask the British ISDE team manager or even the Yamaha UK offroad team manager. 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I rode a rigid bike all last year.. it was ace.. really enjoyable..

One of the most enjoyable aspects was that I didn’t spend the whole time bombing over stuff at warp speed and wondering how it happened afterwards..

I travelled everywhere a wee bit slower and with a bit more involvement and appreciaton for what I was achieving.. I’d thoroughly recommend it to all the folks here who are being neggy about tazzy’s vid..
    good times

AntLockyer
    Free Member

This looks like the sort of terrain we would see

mamadirt
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

mama- there is a sinister DNA on fleabay…..get ya paypal out!

Oooh, looks good. I’m watching this at the mo’ though – http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140486425231&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT – please somebody buy it so I don’t have to 😕

BigDummy
    Free Member

The second Johannes Pistrol video that Singlespeedstu links above is ace. Would love to be able to ride like that. 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

lukeb and rob,so what you think of this other video of him what sss has put up? in your expert opinion? 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

on another note.
    i have two skill compensators at the moment,Heckler and my old Ellsworth Moment,the Heckler being the newer and fresher of the two,but in all honesty the Ellsworth outshines the Heckler overall,not really getting on with the heckler.

still cant beat a good hardtail eh eh..

singlespeedstu

Blower – Member

lukeb and rob,so what you think of this other video of him what sss has put up? in your expert opinion?

They’d first need to be experts to have an expert opinion. 😉

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Loving both those video clips. Proof that you don’t have to be going fast to have fun.

singlespeedstu

. Proof that you don’t have to be going fast to have fun.

Nail. Head. Firm stike.

Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘The perfect UK trail bike?’ is closed to new replies.