Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • The perfect “Dirty Lunch”?
  • binners

Donner kebab is disgusting. Tastes of grease and regret.

Depends how many pints you’ve had 😀

Drac

Where’s that Lemonysam?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Donner kebab is disgusting

‘s a health food innit? Only time I’ve ever eaten salad at 2 a.m. 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Craving a burger now. Luckily it’s tea out tonight so I may have one of these.

no plate?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Where’s that Lemonysam?

Zapatista on grainger street.

I’ve actually changed my mind. Salad You Tiau from Chilli Padi. The right hand dish here:

in spite of having Salad in the name it’s a dish of prawn filled doughnuts smothered in mayonnaise.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

May I introduce you lot to the genius that is the Bombay Burrito

http://www.bombayburrito.co.uk/menu.php

An Indian takeaway, as a burrito!

Also, judging by some of the pictures, a quick visit to http://wewantplates.com/ wouldn’t go amiss either

Cougar

Chips, battered sausage and curry sauce

Objection.

That curry has raisins in it. What sort of deviant puts fruit in curry? I want you sit there and think about what you’ve done.

Drac

Zapatista on grainger street.

Ah yes! I’ve seen it but never been yet.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can’t believe nobody’s gone for the Pizza Crunch yet?

A deep fried, battered pizza.

You’d think that food doesn’t get dirtier than this. …but you’d be wrong.

I give you the “Stonner Kebab” for the win.
    Pork sausage wrapped in Doner meat, battered and deep fried. Served with Chips and Chilli Sauce. Only in Glasgow…

1000 calories of dirtiness…
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonner_kebab

Danny79
    Free Member

Objection.

That curry has raisins in it. What sort of deviant puts fruit in curry? I want you sit there and think about what you’ve done.

Didn’t look closely enough at the googled pic assumed they were just the lumps that chip shop curry contains. Raisins would be wrong.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ah yes! I’ve seen it but never been yet.

Well worth a try. It’s our default “quick tea” in town now. Don’t try and eat one before a ride/climb/slightly vigourous stagger to the train though.

Drac

Might have to do that but Dabawalla is usually too distracting.

nbt

Queen Victoria liked ’em, cf Coronation Chicken. If it’s good enough for royalty, it’s good enough for me

Cougar

She married Prince Albert, and what’s the first thing we think of when we hear his name? Eh? Exactly. Deviant deviance by deviants. You know I’m right.

nbt

nowt wrong with expanding your boundaries. It’s not wrong, its just different

binners

Coronation chicken is absolutely horrible. Fruit has no place bespoiling meat based dishes. Why would you do something like that? WHY?! Its like putting fruit in cheese. Or pineapple on pizza. Its the behavior of devients

perchypanther
    Free Member

Fruit has no place bespoiling meat based dishes.

Sure?

Gammon Steak with Pineapple

Turkey with Cranberry

binners

Both perfectly illustrate my point

Drac

Lamb and apricot tangine, pork with apple sauce and beef with tomatoes. Lovely.

breadcrumb

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    WT actual F is that?

A dirty dog, hot dog with pulled pork, onions and cheese.

_tom_
    Free Member

‘s a health food innit? Only time I’ve ever eaten salad at 2 a.m.

haha good point. I’d always rather go for a chicken shish though, at least it tastes like meat!

northernmatt

Are those two pics on the last page from Fat Hippo Drac?

Amazing burgers in there and the dirty fries are well worth having.

MrNice
    Free Member

I should know not to open threads like this. I’m now drooling over my keyboard.

It’s no wonder i’m a fat bastard who can’t keep up on climbs 😥

shermer75
    Free Member

That stonner kebab looks amazing. I’m definitely seeking that out next time I’m in Glasgow…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Amazing burgers in there and the dirty fries are well worth having.

I’ve yet to be convinced by the Fat Hippo burgers. I reckon DAT bar and Lane 7 both do better. The chips are better too…

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks like Ruby’s Chip Shop (home of the Stonner Kebab) has closed down 🙁

Link (read comments)

steveoath
    Free Member

Re the stonner. I stayed next round the corner from Ruby’s when the proprietor created it. (Sadly its a banana leaf curry place now) Was never called a kebab though. And you could only order a stonner supper, not singles. Never brave enough to get one though. But ultimate durty dinnur…. Based on this thread!

rkk01
    Free Member

Not where I thought this thread was going…. 😯

sushi FTW

Was closer 😈

BillMC

Kebabs: Cooking in Ancient Greece

senorj

I’m with Danny 79.
    chip shop curry sauce, nom…

Drac

Yeah it’s the Fat Hippo well the first one was my second one is my local The Dirty Bottles. Lemonysam DAT Bar does fantastic burgers you’re right and great beers.

Alex

Thanks. I’ve been to Spin class this morning at 7am. Eaten healthy porridge for breakfast and now I’m craving something unhealthy enough for lunch that it’s served with its own biohazard suit!

Oh and

Now that I have decontaminated my hands with 3x sheets of lemon-scented bog roll it’s time to waddle back to the motorbike and see whether Al “pickled hedgehog” Leigh is at home…

I was in Bristol. With my phone. This clever little device can help friends identify where I am 🙂 Give us some notice next time Mark, be good to catch up.

Stoner
    Free Member

as is often the case with all things Leigh, the lights were on, but nobody home.

Next time then!

sparkyrhino

All day breckie with chips at the Redbeck cafe

slowjo
    Free Member

With the exception of the gammon and turkey, everything above reminds me of what I think of as ‘seminar food’ i.e. it is mainly a study in the delivery of uniformly beige food.

Drac

Slightly ironic given how bland Turkey is and yes I’ve had it cooked properly, it’s a very plain meat.

squirrelking
    Free Member

You know what’s better than raisins in a chicken curry? Banana. Deal with it.

Had a fritter roll with curry sauce for “breakfast” the other week (was actually about 4 in the afternoon and hadn’t had a chance to eat sine I got up at half 6, to say I was Hank Marvin would be an understatement). Not the same as a Zinger Tower but was food of the gods nontheless.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘The perfect “Dirty Lunch”?’ is closed to new replies.