Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The Passport du Soleil. Helmet choice
  • Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Off to do the Passport this year and I'm wondering whether to go full face helmet or wear my Xen and shades. I've done the Freeraid in Les 2 Alps the last 4 years and the is full face territory on most of the slopes.

Opinions please.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

dont both with the full face.
    Xen, shades and a smile is all you need mate!

chakaping
    Free Member

Definitely don't need a full face, not very technical or steep.

nickc

It's just riding your bike, only in a different language. If you normally do the sort of riding that needs a full face, use that, if you normally ride in a Xen, wear that…

titusrider
    Free Member

I did trail addiction with a xen and goggles last year and it rocks for that kind of alpine riding, and having come off onto my face it protects quite a bit more too.

(you look like a bit of a wierdo though)

dasnut
    Free Member

passportes isn't like the freeraid (which does use most of the downhill trails in the 2 Alpes area, have you done the venosc descent – awesome but full facer certainly required!)

its like a big laid back ride in the alps. The craziest descent is the one down to morzine IMHO, great territory for passing on the inside of corners, foot out, flat out.

That said I have done passportes in a full facer, but this year will be wearing a xen

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Xen last year, same Xen again this year! 😀

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

cheers for that guys, Xen it is then…
    Dasnut, had a BIG off on the Venosc run last year, went off one of the table tops way to fast ended up doing a superman impression and managed to walk away with a raft of cracking bruises. I was grateful to Troy Lee and 661 for that.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

see you there PP!

Ambrose

I'll be the bloke with a Xen on my head too. See you all there. Les Gets start for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The Passport du Soleil. Helmet choice’ is closed to new replies.