• This topic has 27 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The other 'non authorised' Fox service centres….
  • strike
    Free Member

Puzzled by this – Mojo make a big thing of being THE authorised service centre – in which case, what’s the deal with TFT and everyone else who work on Fox shocks? Are they buying in the seals and parts from Fox/Mojo or are they sourcing non-OE seals?

I was also told (by Fox that) Fox guard all the tech data very closely ie data such as IFP chamber pressures etc.

And before anyone says anything I am NOT implying anyone other than Mojo are no good at fixing Fox shocks!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

authorised = used by Fox for warranty work. Dont think it means any more than that.

LoCo
    Free Member

And that they supply the Fox parts in the UK, I’m the only independant fox factory trained technican/engineer though 😉 #waveswilly

legend
    Free Member

So its your fault that the coatings wear off so quickly!?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Please wash your hands before servicing my wife’s shock after waving your willy around like that.

Northwind

Mine just arrived back- pass me the shock bleach!

easygirl

My wife’s just gone into the garage to sniff her shaft 😕

Clink

And that they supply the Fox parts in the UK, I’m the only independant fox factory trained technican/engineer though #waveswilly

Fab – but nobody from loco has replied to my e-mail sent early last week?

Painey
    Free Member

I’ve always thought the Fox/Mojo alliance a bit iffy. Company builds products with short service intervals and then only one authorised company can service them (whilst charging a premium to do so). Nothing new of course.

cookeaa

Fab – but nobody from loco has replied to my e-mail sent early last week?

He’s a busy man, willys don’t wave themselves…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe loco needs to hire an assistant to wave it for him.

nbt

If he was successful, he’d have people to do that kind of thing for him

winrya
    Free Member

Loco, do you do the kashima upgrade like mojo. Fox 160mm 34 650b fit ctd 2014?

Cheers

Marko

I’m the only independant fox factory trained technican/engineer though #waveswilly

Not sure, but I think TF Tuned employ an Ex Mojo technician. He might not be ‘Factory trained’ though. (Whatever that actually means).

Marko

pigyn
    Free Member

In answer to the OP… forks yes, anyone can service them and buy all of the correct spares/seals.

Rear shocks everything except air cans/air can seals/bushings etc are Mojo only.

Anyone other than Mojo doing a full service on a rear shock is either not changing the seals, fitting generic bearing-shop type seals, or getting cheeky backhand shipments from Mojo.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Really? I’d be interested in Simon’s response to that. Although generic is fine by me as I’ll bet Fox ones are out of a catalogue.

strike
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies!

Twin
    Free Member

LOCO fits genuine fox parts sourced from Mojo – He just hasn’t got the flash showroom that Mojo have and therefore can do the same service for less cash. Top bloke!

RickDraper
    Free Member

I am pretty certain Mojo will not supply anyone with seals for the damper of a fox rear shock, but feel free to correct me on this.

They are unable to supply places with Kashima damper bodies and if somewhere wants to offer the kashima upgrade they have to send the shock to mojo for them to install it. Hence Push making pushima bodies.

LoCo
    Free Member

Anyone other than Mojo doing a full service on a rear shock is either not changing the seals, fitting generic bearing-shop type seals, or getting cheeky backhand shipments from Mojo.

Where do you think Fox get there seals from and what do you think they made of?

Mojo don’t supply internals parts for rear shocks to anyone.

I think I need to add more 😉 s to posts as people seem to get cross about the strangest things 😉

Always wash my hands before working on customers, units… 😉

😯 😉 😉

Marko

Where do you think Fox get there seals from and what do you think they made of?

Here:

Trelleborg

At a guess. 🙂

Marko

LoCo
    Free Member

Nobody likes a smart arse 😉 😆

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member
    LoCo
    Free Member

They don’t get any more parts than anyone else, you just just go on a course (pricey) and can say your ‘authorised’, just covers the basics of suspension servicing 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Got the wife’s shock back today. Just asked her to sniff it and she didn’t say it smells of willy so we should be okay.

coatesy
    Free Member

Did she check inside the air-can?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was worried someone might go there. Cheers Coatesy.

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘The other 'non authorised' Fox service centres….’ is closed to new replies.