Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Open
  • Houns

Well we’ve got a TdF thread and an Ashes thread. Here’s a thread for the Open

Now, no doubt the usual Golf haters will be along reeling off the usual stuff (you really need to think how similar cycling is to golf!)

So, who’s your money on?

Wish I was there today, I’d be following Faldo, Watson and Couples

fasthaggis

When I first started road racing I felt that it was sometimes a bit sexist,racist and elitist . My mate said ” Yeah,it can be a bit like golf” 😉

scaredypants

Tigger*, FTW

(* you know, as in “bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy – fun, fun, fun, fun fun !)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Els is making a dodgy start!

Interesting to see that Mickleson is not carrying a driver all week – just a strong (v strong ie 12 degrees) 3 wood. Like the olsd 2 woods. And Poulter carries his hybrid 240 plus 30-40 yards run. Who needs a driver when the rough is so penal?

Some dodgy outfits already which will give fuel for the haters!!!!

Sneadeker could be an outside shot (my son met him in a fish and chip shop on Monday along with Bo van Pelt. Not exactly a pro sport diet but perhaps they wanted to experience a local delicacy and Scottish fish always tastes better. V nice that pros happy to chat with teenagers!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Got Garcia and Mickelson in the sweepstake 😀

But read the other day that The Open truly is that… Of all the majors its average winner’s world ranking is the lowest by someway.

I’ll dig it out, if anyone is interested.

Pigface
    Free Member

How is cycling similar to golf? Who is the cycling equivalent to John Daley?

scaredypants

Who is the cycling equivalent to John Daley?

Palmer

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pigface – are you talking about substance abuse (tick) or strange choices in clothing (tick)? Or just natural talent?

nickjb
    Free Member

Well we’ve got a TdF thread and an Ashes thread.

…and an Open thread 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/british-open-2013-muirfield

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

wow, incredible shot of ball hitting the TV camera lens!!!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Mickelson goes 2 under… go on.

Just the 4 and half days to go 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

C’mon Westy….time for a big round today! Pls beat my prediction by two places!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Check out the last two posts and the final scores

1 Phil Mickelson -2 +3 +1 -5 -3 F

2 Henrik Stenson -1 -1 +3 -1 E F

T3 Lee Westwood +1 -3 -1 +4 +1 F

I didnt even know until I picked the paper up this morn that Mick and I had won …. Nice end to a pleasent weekend and made up for me losing the lead in the TdeF fantasy game we play on here.

After I get the Krisp Kremes in, I’ll still be up about 200 quid … happy days 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Open’ is closed to new replies.