Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • THE One v. Giro Remedy v. TLD
  • yoshimi

Looking for a new lid. I've tried them all and I'd say Giro & TLD fit best, Giro looks to offer more protection but does move about a bit on my head. TLD looks great and feels great it just doesn't feel very sustantial. THE looks great, seems to be very good quality and although it fits well just doesn't seem as comfy as the oth two.
    What are people experiences? More thinkjing about quality wise – I've had a few 661 lids in the past that tend to fall apart pretty quickly.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

"Giro looks to offer more protection but does move about a bit on my head"
    -it doesnt fit

"THE ……..although it fits well just doesn't seem as comfy as the oth two."
    -it doesn't fit

"TLD looks great and feels great"
    – it fits, I wouldn't worry about it being flimsy, all MTB helemets feel flimsly if you've ever picked up an MX lid you'll know what I mean. The shear number of them must mean theyr quite good otherwise the people buying them wouldnt be arround very long.

Simples, now where did i put my coat?

yoshimi

Good points spoon – this will be a birthday present off my wife………will she go for a carbon TLD, maybe not so may have to be composite. I'll be trying them all again this weekend with her before she splashes the cash so will make my mind up then. But so far as you know there are no qulaity issues? Reason I ask that in particular is because of the utter s*&% I've put up with from 661, they were not cheap CRC 2 year old models either – if I heard anyone asking about them I would say AVOID!

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Agree with thisisnotaspoon, fit is most important. FWIW the lining in my carbon THE is so much better made than my mate's carbon TLD. The TLD is lighter though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘THE One v. Giro Remedy v. TLD’ is closed to new replies.