Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The old days
  • kelvin

I still think of Singletack as being the new mag on the block.

Today I worked out I last had a proper road bike 18 years okay. Feels like yesterday. Time is an illusion.

Podium
    Free Member

The Old Days??

Thought you were gonna be referring to the days of the Fat Tyre Five events from the early eighties, and so on.

Now those were the days..

Rivett
    Free Member

Telford Nationals Brant? A tame course in the town park with Army cadets as race marshals. Jake Elliot won for Raleigh?

Reluctant
    Free Member

Who/what was 9foot.com? I remember riding the trail at Afan and i remember the single speed world champs there – but what was the website all about?

mrmo
    Free Member

9feet.com as a name got bought by Cotswold Outdoor, seem to remember it being a shop, but Chipps would be the one to tell you what it was.

I had forgotten about Topica,

So who remembers Mike Vandemann on the US news groups? hmm

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

did the have the internet when I started ????
    I can remember Ton's peugeot hybrid (original 29er)

nickc

Starting using the singletrack forum about the time it changed over from Go-far, I deserted Bikemagic, still feel guilty

grant

Been around since the GoFar and topica list days.

The days of the Wednesday night online chats and the xmas chat where gifts (donated by Buff IIRC) were given out by 'Santa'. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

I remember going to the last three proper Malverns Fat Tyre Festivals, including the sad one where someone was killed. I had been on a MTB about 5/6 years before that. I remember my brother (peterpoddy) didn't ride his bike after that and IIRC it was a very long time before he did again.

Great times, remember first seeing a pair of Rockshox RS1's at a race I was doing.

Wasn't it a lot hotter and drier "back in the old days"?? I'm sure it was…..

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

only subscribe to singletrack because of mtb pro and mountainbike world…still have the last one(tear in eye), i had no idea it was going to disappear. still look back with a fondness for the font used in it…and back in the room!

nickc

Wasn't it a lot hotter and drier "back in the old days"?? I'm sure it was….

Aye it was 🙂 Certainly more so than the last couple of years any way…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘The old days’ is closed to new replies.