Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Oil & Blood Covered Elephant In The Room.
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Lets step back a bit from all the forecourt hysteria shall we?

Panic buying of petrol is simple market manipulation pure and simple.

Take a look at the big picture, has the raw material supply costs increased? Is their a desire/need to raise cost with minimum public outcry?

It is a market fact that when a product becomes “in great demand” people will unquestionably accept disproportional price increases, even more so if the initial demand/price hike is alligned to a nobel cause.

Someone has to support the cost increase given the current trade situation with Iran, you can be sure that it is not going to be coming out of oil company profits. (which they continually do)

I wonder just how much the likes of Tullow Oil and its market bed fellows have donated towards our Inglorious Ruling Oligarchs be it luncheon, dinner or a reach around?

On the subject of middle east, it’s worth noting that a starving dog is more likely to bite and a western populace in panic prefers to be led.

oh, Armageddon days are here again.

I’m off to stock up on tinned goods, batteries and shotgun cartridges, quick.

binners

Don’t forget your tinfoil helmet

MrNutt
    Free Member

Binners are you suggesting that this is in some way the fault of Israel?

phil.w
    Free Member

Don’t forget your tinfoil helmet

Have you seen the price of metal these days. 😯

peterfile
    Free Member

What tyres for fleeing to live in the hills?

peterfile
    Free Member

Cougar

Have you seen the price of metal these days

Yeah, thirteen quid for the new Iron Maiden album, madness.

CountZero

The new Maiden album’s called Madness?

footflaps

They have a new album?

soobalias
    Free Member

lulz @ cougar.

OP – i was under the impression that the elephant in the room, was a huge thing that nobody was talking about.
    fuel, blaming huge corporations, politicians, middle east – all done to death right here on stw.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Needs more DOOOOOM!

ourmaninthenorth

I’m off to stock up on tinned goods, batteries and shotgun cartridges, quick.

Thus creating a panic buying frenzy for all of these essential items, all owned and controlled by corporations ready to pounce and exploit your paranoia fuelled weakness….

nickf
    Free Member

Madness have a new album out?

freddyg
    Free Member

you are Cressers and I claim my £5……

….. and with it, I will buy beans 😮

chvck
    Free Member

?

maxtorque

And surely, why all of us lot who inhabit these fair parts, should have nothing to worry about. We’ll just get on our bikes………….

(well, maybe, as long as we have had enough time to polish them first and as long as they don’t get too dirty whilst riding, and we need to put aside a spair 25mins for me to show off my new carbon fibre must have accessory, and have you seen my new chainset/stem/shifters/pedals/saddle/seatpost/shock (delete as appropriate) and wow, check out this youtue video of this crazy guy cycling off a mountain, but once we have done all that, we’ll just cycle to work………. 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

cycle to work? what with all these cars on the road?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The Oil & Blood Covered Elephant In The Room.’ is closed to new replies.