• This topic has 60 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • The Official F1 British Grand Prix thread! (With possible spoilers and that)
  • aracer
    Free Member

Ooh, interesting slow-mo of the Hammo-Massa incident; Massa has the corner, more or less,

I do sometimes wonder if you’re watching the same race as the rest of us, elf. How does coming round the outside, with LH on the inside racing line, and having at best only a 2ft lead mean Massa has the corner? What exactly is LH meant to do in such a situation, when basic physics prevents him from avoiding the bit of track Massa’s decided to occupy?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

True, he’s still not as good as alonso and hamilton though. They both would have passed on the old startline into copse

rOcKeTdOg

Either way, he has to accept the truth, and that is that Vettel is the better driver

sorry, was i watching another race? the only reason Webber didn’t pass Vettel was that the guys who pay most of his wages told him not too, Webber dealt with the conditions and tyres much better than Vettel today

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Massa had out-braked Hammo and turned in, and had the racing line for the exit. Hammo by his own admission was ‘struggling massively’, and coon’t get it slown down enough for the corner. Was trying to defend but just coon’t turn in enough cos of his knackered tyres. Had to flick the wheel to correct the slide.

Was an audacious move by Massa, but he had overtaken Hammo into that corner. Both entitled to race/defend, so a ‘racing incident’.

What the stewards will be looking at is whether either driver cooduv avoided a collision, and whether their actions caused the collision.

Good to see drivers battling right to the end and not giving up, unlike The Red Bulls….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Webber dealt with the conditions and tyres much better than Vettel today

That’s just one race. As always, Webber fluffed his start and Vettel got ahead. Then pulled out a big lead. As well as having a disaster in the pit stop.

Vettel is better. Accept it, or continue to be wrong. You know I’m right, so, listen to Primal Scream.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFuE-thYZ1A&feature=related[/video]

brakes
    Free Member

F1 is blinding at the moment
    F1 threads however, are not… 😛

rOcKeTdOg

Vettel is better lets christian horner use his finger

i’d be better if i was given team priority, updates and latest data but i don’t have the digit skills

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, diddums.

It must be awful being wrong, RD. 🙁

I have no idea what that feels like though, obviously.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh, so it’s “Hammo” now is it?

I suppose that’s going to be followed shortly by “Vetto”, “Webbo”, “Schumo” and, er, “Butto”?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Karthikeyeno! 😀

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Massa should know that you overtake round the outside at your peril. Especially this year with the “fall off a cliff” tyres.

bruneep

Did I miss owt?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nah it was crap and boring Bruneep.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah it was so crap I have just come round from a semi-catatonic state here myself.

When did Fred start talking like a 12yr old Yorkshireman?

Stoner
    Free Member

pass the buck there Hamilton, why dont you 🙄

sheesh/

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

It’s not his fault they changed the rules at the last possible minute and didn’t put enough fuel in

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh and look! Vettel on Top Gear shows a tad more personality than Webber too! 🙂

Better. So shut up.

Pook

Vettel does need babysitting a bit though if he’s not waaaay out in front.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I was there 🙂

Got very wet just before the start but soon dried out, cracking atmosphere a good number of overtakes in front of us – the old start finish straight. Difficult to follow even with the big screens in front of us, need to watch the highlights now to see all of what happened

Bez

“Good to see drivers battling right to the end and not giving up, unlike The Red Bulls….”

Webber said he ignored the team orders.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘The Official F1 British Grand Prix thread! (With possible spoilers and that)’ is closed to new replies.