Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • The office just got struck by lightning.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Cool!

RustySpanner

How’s Derek? 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

HTS’s office currently:

allthepies
    Free Member

“And I was like, what-evah”.

philconsequence
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

AWESOME.

the only thing better would be that it was struck by lightning whilst it was raining dinosaurs and sharks!

any damage?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

when i were a lad…..

… we used to live on a hill in the middle of nowhere and there was a radio antenna on our house. Lightning strikes were quite common. Telephones exploded, the central heating pipes used rattle together where the touched in a really big one, being the end of the power lines meant that we’d frequently see all out lights drop to about 20% for minutes at time. I loved it, nothing better than being curled up on the sofa with the dog and a good book in the middle of a storm like that, especially as my bedroom was in the attic (well hay loft technically).

plus my dad was struck by lightning on a norwegian mountain, he was on a TV programme about it and everything

highclimber
    Free Member

I saw lightning strike a fencepost once, split it in two. quite scary really

binners

You’ve just been hit by one of these?

Is it embedded in the roof?

McHamish
    Free Member

Have you done anything to anger the gods?

Junkyard
    Free Member

saw it ht a crane once never heard anytrhing so loud in all my life made you automatically jump for the floor it was that loud and I was abput 1/2 a mile away

WackoAK
    Free Member

POINH

philconsequence
    Free Member

McHamish…… he called his son a knob on t’internet 😀

pleased us, angered the gods though i’m sure

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’ve been about 15ft away from a strike when it hit a lamp post on the motorway. loud doesn’t even begin to describe it and i was inside a truck cab

McHamish
    Free Member

Perhaps he angered Tom Cruise by posting things on the internet…you incurred the wrath of Ron Hubbard and his alien chums.

Harry_the_Spider

Have you done anything to anger the gods?

Bought a road bike.

Harry_the_Spider

Update. Eye witnesses report it hitting a tree next to the factory.

Wibble89
    Free Member

Let down 🙁

cp

exciting stuff isn’t it! I was on a plane a few years ago which got struck! Now that was cool! and momentarily very very very scary!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

struck by lightning whilst it was raining dinosaurs and sharks

😆

Ladies and gentleman I have a new ambition.

MrSparkle

Update. Eye witnesses report it hitting a tree next to the factory.

Ash?

higgo
    Free Member

Want.

binners

How’s the tree looking?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

p!ssed off i’d imagine

sobriety
    Free Member

loud doesn’t even begin to describe it

I think one of our school buildings got hit (or at least very close by), saw a massive ball of sparks zigging off in every direction from the roof of the block opposite the window of the classroom I was in and the sound was like god was tearing the sky apart, and all the lights went out…

Harry_the_Spider

It sounded like somebody dropping a skip.

The bang was simultaneous with the flash. The alleged tree strike would mean a delay of approx 1/3 of a second so I think it hit the highpoint of the roof. Also, if it had hit the tree the air in the office wouldn’t smell like a Scalextric.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

I’ve also been in the thick of a storm on the med coast on a bike. about 18ft of rain falling a second and lightning all around, loved it. I wonder why it is so fascinating?

sharkbait
    Free Member

My Uncle used to fly those ^. He’s pretty old now but still cool 🙂

My house (or something very nearby) was hit by lightning a couple of years ago. It fried our hardware firewall, a network switch and literally blew the broadband filter apart. Very cool apart from the cost of replacing the hardware.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the office wouldn’t smell like a Scalextric

that’s just a result of ‘the ether’ heating up due to everyone tweeting about it on their mobile phones

wallop

Years ago we had a horse, who one day became unable to sleep standing up. The vet thought he may have been hit by lightning. It was funny for a few years, seeing him doze off and slowly wobble and fall over. He was a lovely horse (I taught him to kiss my cheek), but ultimately it killed him when one day he fell asleep and fell over, breaking his leg 😥

binners

Wallop and friends in earlier happier days

wallop

I do have a cat that looks like Father Dougal.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘The office just got struck by lightning.’ is closed to new replies.