Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The nw shimano pedals with cages (xtr and deore) – availablity
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the new XTR pedals with cages? Do the cages do anything other than look good?

I am afters ome clipless pedals tahts upport the foot a bit better than my m540s, something like time z control/crank bros mallets and thought the shimano offering may be a viable choice?

A mag suggested that Deore were getting the same design?? any ideas of availablity?

Mister-P
    Free Member

There will be an XT version at £79.99 due late July and a Deore version at £39.99 due late June.

docrobster
    Free Member

647/DX design and variants cheap as chips

Mister-P
    Free Member

XT PD-M785

Deore PD-M530

rob-jackson
    Free Member

and heavy as **** (shimano dx)

docrobster
    Free Member

True they are heavy, But I weigh 92kg and I stand on them, so I don’t worry about a few grammes here and there. 😆

easygirl

Got the xtr platform pedals
    They click in easily and do give extra support to the foot
    Had a few rock strikes and they have stood up well to the impacts
    Are they worth £100
    Probably not!

bigyinn
    Free Member

XT £79.99? FRO! 😯

alfabus
    Free Member

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/new-shimano-deore-xt-groupset-for-2012-29882

Ooh, didn’t see this when it was announced.

I quite fancy the piggybacked levers and shifters – xtr ones for £150 this year were a bit too much!

the XT platform pedal could be a good call too, does anyone know how good the xtr one is when you fail to clip in? does it give you any grip or is it just a support thing for once you are in?

Dave

cookeaa

I’ve got some old Red DX jobbies I use on occasion, I doubt any of the more recent ones come close to those in the weight stakes…

Lightest Cages SPDs I’ve had were the M424s, which are of course universally shunned for being the cheapest and having a plastic cage, but do actually work quite well…

It might just be the photo’s but the new lot (XTR, XT and Deore) all look to have much smaller platforms than previous caged SPDs, personally I like a bigger platform, otherwise why bother with a cage at all?

Mister-P
    Free Member

XT £79.99? FRO!

RRP on both current XT PD-M770 pedals and new PD-M780 non-caged pedals is £74.99

How much you actually pay may vary.

docrobster
    Free Member

I had a pair of the red DX ones but I lost them weighing down a corpse I’d flung overboard recently.
    The new black ones weren’t anywhere near heavy enough

cudubh

Or another option here

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pp/road-track-bike/Shimano-pedals-Road/SHIMPEDA

I have a pair of the A600s on my road bike and find them pretty good so far.

snakebite
    Free Member

Had the new trail XTR’S from last year sometime, suitably impressed with them, also OK for pub trips in trainers etc…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I got the XTR ones for £79 when CRC first put them up. I’ve used them a fair bit and really like them.

alfabus
    Free Member

what are they like if you miss a clip and have to ride a section with one foot loose?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Not much different from normal SPD’s. You foot and cleat are still going to slip and bounce around a bit. For me they just give a nicer platform when clipped in.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The nw shimano pedals with cages (xtr and deore) – availablity’ is closed to new replies.