Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The North Face gear
  • rascal
    Free Member

Morning!

Anyone got any of their biking clobber?
    More specifically a Dirt Track Windstopper jacket?
    Tried one on in Keswick yesterday – seems really nice – very similar to Endura Convert with zip off arms.
    Now £95 instead of £145.
    Tempted….is there a reason I shouldn’t buy it?

mrjmt
    Free Member

Funny you should ask this.

Yesterday I re-discovered my flight jacket. Probably my fave windproof because it has thumb holes! I always find my sleeves creeping up my monkey like arms, no cold wrists with this. Also very breathable.

If only I could find a waterproof equivalent, then I wouldn’t bother going indoors ever.

honourablegeorge

I have heaps of North Face bike gear and been very happy with it all – that jacket in particular I’ve found great. For a humid night in the woods it’s a bit too warm, but zipping off the sleeves makes it spot on again. I’d recommend it based on my own experience, can’t say if it’s better/worse than the Gore equivalent.

BadlyWiredDog

If only I could find a waterproof equivalent, then I wouldn’t bother going indoors ever.

Haglöfs Endo if you genuinely want a lightweight waterproof with thumb-loops. Uses Gore-Tex Active Shell, but it ain’t cheap.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

…sorry

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I have a North Face softshell that is about 3/4 years old. Has outlasted pretty much all of my winter kit and has loads of life left in it. I’m waiting for my current Endura stuff to fall apart then will replace with North Face stuff.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, always found their stuff decent – plus I know the L will fit, and because there’s so many places selling it, it can always he had at a decent discount. Not arsed how people perceive it.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

I should caveat this by confessing to the fact I am lucky enough to be supported by the lovely people at The North face, however, that Dirt tracks jacket is great and one of the pieces of kit I get by far the most use out of all year round. It’s good value at RRP, so a steal if you can find a significant reduction online.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Anyone got any of their biking clobber?
    More specifically a Dirt Track Windstopper jacket?

yeah, i have one. been wearing it almost every day for my commutes since the middle of last month and it’s absolutely ace.

i got mine in the north face outlet store in cheshire oaks in the summer for £40!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll admit it….I own two pieces of TNF kit. 😳

Ski trousers and gloves. Both are, I have to say, excellent.

Leku
    Free Member

I have the Dirt Track jacket. It’s great.

Well made and seems to be lasting well.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ve had my nuptse vest for 15 years. the only thing i don’t like about it is that recently i look like some sort of bandwagon jumper. 😡

Shandy
    Free Member

I have a few different bits of North Face stuff, its very good. I have had a lot of MTB-specific stuff from the likes of Raceface and Sombrio and the quality of the fabrics and fastenings are rubbish compared with the big outdoors brands.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The North Face gear’ is closed to new replies.