Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The news is full of nonsense
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Specifically the BBC feed from the US looking at the floods. “something falling into the water rapidly accelerates to 12mph, faster than anyone can run”….

REALLY? 🙄

ex-pat
    Free Member

Anyone in America*

*On average**

**Gross generalisation***

***Bad pun.

ampthill

run in water?

rOcKeTdOg

floods?

BigJohn

So you can outrun a tide coming in at 12mph can you, Usain?

iDave
    Free Member

I find the BBC news to be utter shite, drivel, non-existent probing of a story, people say something and it’s rarely challenged, reporters say words that are just nonsense. I don’t watch it anymore. Or any less.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that these flood were predicted on here :

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/are-we-about-to-see-massive-flooding-worse-than-ever-before

Anyone know if the BBC have interviewed kaesae ?

iDave
    Free Member

kaesae and project together would make cressers look like the Easter Bunny

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

iDave, thanks for the idea of kaesae and project together, mind bleach please!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You can all laugh at kaesae, but I suspect that he’s been busy and will have the last laugh.

aracer
    Free Member

Well I’m no Bolt, but can manage 12mph for 5 minutes 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

I can’t 🙁

joao3v16
    Free Member

I find the BBC news to be utter shite, drivel, non-existent probing of a story … (etc) …

Seems to have deteriorated since the 24-hour news phenomenon took off. Rather than properly reported bulletins throughout the day, they’ve now got to try and fill a whole day, day after day, which means padding out with a load of drivel and repetition.

maccruiskeen

kaesae and project together would make cressers look like the Easter Bunny

This is truely the end of days – you typed ‘Easter’ on the internet and Mr Woppit didn’t appear in the next post to say ‘No thanks’

grum
    Free Member

Seems to have deteriorated since the 24-hour news phenomenon took off.

Exactly: ‘and now coming up we’ve got more reaction to…’ with someone standing outside a building where something may or may not be happening, recycling endless hearsay and speculation.

binners

You think the BBC is bad. I suggest you switch to ITV once in a while. Remember years ago when Trevor McDonut used to do the bit at the end about a surfing puppy or somesuch twoddle. Well their focus groups clearly told them that people really really enjoyed that bit. So now its the whole programme. Possibly with an item tacked on about Jordan/Peter Andre/Kerry Katona (or whoever else has just done a new reality series for ITV2) going to the opening of an envelope.

Current affairs for people who find the Daily Star a bit intellectually challenging.

Channel 4 news is the one to watch if your IQ struggles into double figures and you have an attention span longer than a goldfish

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I’m no Bolt, but can manage 12mph for 5 minutes

On sand? Cos that’s what the tide has to deal with…

maccruiskeen

Reporting the Beslan School massacre in 2004 the ITV news felt the most pressing issue to lead with was that they’d got their reporter into the building first – 1100 people, mostly children, held hostage and terrorised for days, 380 of them murdered and ITV run in through the door and claim themselves the winners.

Awful, never watched ITV news since.

BigJohn

Radio5 this morning. A journalist talking to a journalist about a journalist who’d objected to an injunction about a journalist.

a) It’s not a staff newsletter
    b) I think I’m rather flattering you chumps by referring to you as journalists.

👿

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A journalist talking to a journalist about a journalist who’d objected to an injunction about a journalist.

Was there some earth-shattering news story which you think they should have reported ?

Or did you just expect them to make up interesting news stories to pass the time away ?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Of course I can, probably not all day, but that’s not the point. They were doing a little demo with a stick in a river and running along next to it talking about how fast things get swept away (like people etc). They were not talking tidal, or on the beach, and anyway they should contextualise it if they’re going to go down that route – otherwise, as usual, the US reporting side of things is just utter nonsense.

kaesae
    Free Member

@ernie-lynch I will have you know that I am building a space craft, that is build from egg shells and fueled by bullshit!

I would formally like to invite you along.

So your gob can supply the fuel!

bigyinn
    Free Member

kaesae
    Free Member

Bigyinn

😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So your gob can supply the fuel!

😆

Qualitage…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The news is full of nonsense’ is closed to new replies.