Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The new XT RT76 Rotors – will they fit?
  • MrTall
    Free Member

Whilst trying to come up with ideas for the other half to get me for xmas i happened across these and got some delivered to me today. Just opened them (the envelope – not the packs inside) to check they are the correct ones before they get wrapped up and i've noticed that the central 'spider' section is way thicker than normal rotors and looking at the minimal clearance i already have i don't think they'll fit my bike?

Anybody running them or know if there is a problem with them not fitting certain bikes?

The middle bit seems recessed so i don't know if this compensates for the thicker bit or not as i can't open them properly for another 10 days…

Cheers

matthew_h
    Free Member

I've just fitted some and they went straight on and I didn't even need to adjust my calipers from the old style XT rotors I had before.

vrapan
    Free Member

They look cool very cool actually, I think a pair is going to be under my tree 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Already fitted on the Blur. Very nice they are too. They go well with the XTR calipers. Oh – and no need to alter caliper alignment.

dickie
    Free Member

Show me a picture – I need a pair of new rotors!

matthew_h
    Free Member

You can see a bit of my rear one here:

druidh
    Free Member

Gawd…hang on a mo….

druidh
    Free Member

Ach – it's a bit blurred

Must have been my hands shaking in the freezing garage

druidh
    Free Member

Better?

MrTall
    Free Member

Cheers folks, i've been looking again and hopefully i should be alright. The outside of the disc seems no different and the extra spider width should all be on the inside out of the way. It's just that my front rotor in particular already only has less than 1mm clearance so i have no scope for any change in width at all. Guess i'll find out for sure on Christmas morning…..or they'll be on the classifieds on Christmas evening…!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hey mr tall, did they fit? ive emailed you ref this too 🙂 intruiged to know as interested in them too, but also have a clearance issue with just standard rotors! 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

my rt79's (centerlock) spider catches on my hayes 9's so i filed the caliper down a bit and they work fine

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

this is what my problem is also, the spider bit on my old hopes was to wide so i had to ditch the hope floating rotors, ive changed to xt and im hopeful theres is the same width across spider and outer…..i have about 1mm clearance as MrTall, so if he has them working then i should be fine with them, dont really wanna take to a file with them though 🙁 MrTall let usssss know pleaaaase 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The new XT RT76 Rotors – will they fit?’ is closed to new replies.