Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • The new sainsburys ad. Dusty room content.
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I’m just a simple person THM, I expect adverts to be fair. Unlike you who is clearly far too clever to be taken in by adverts.

What were you going to buy in Sports Direct btw, something that’s caught your eye ? You said you were going.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Not sure the historical accuracy or otherwise of this ad is relevant. The men who died during the first world war were victims of a cynical and sustained campaign by the have’s to use the have not’s as machine gun fodder. There were heroic actions on both sides I’m sure and exceptional bravery but for most participants the war was frightening, brutal and short.
    I’m rarely truly shocked, the internet has seen to that but this advert is truly disgusting.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks Ernie, based on your earlier advice I will take the last post at face value then 😉

Yes replacement studs and tennis balls. As I said earlier, SD is tolerable (just) for some things. Toodle pip…..

dingabell
    Free Member

I’m not sure about everything else but the ad’s a bit long.

It’s using the great war as an allegory for the supermarket war.
    Just as the British and German empires went to war over Europe, Sainsbury and Tesco are at war over the high streets and out of town shopping centres.

While British and German civilians got conscripted in to one army or the other, purely by accident of birth, and got sent to fight each other, despite the fact that they had more in common with the men in the trenches facing them than they did with the officers behind them, so the staff of the major supermarkets are recruited by whichever one happens to have a vacancy at the time and are expected to show loyalty to their employer, when they would be better off joining forces with their rival’s employees and rising up against their capitalist overlords.

RustySpanner

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member

It’s using the great war as an allegory for the supermarket war.

Aldi to win on penalties.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Aldi to win on the house champagne too….a bargain!

trailmonkey

Aldi to win on penalties.

if anything illustrates the futility of ww1 and ww2 it’s this.

our sole reason for engaging in both conflicts was the vain hope to limit german hegemony in europe.

we won the wars but lost the battle.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just watched it, I can’t understand why the British Legion agreed to it, and I think it’s very poor taste for Sainsbury to exploit WW1 to get Christmas sales.

Taking the pee IMO

eskay

And yet Sainsbury’s are reported to still be going ahead with a new store in Bristol that will demolish the Memorial Stadium (that was built to remember 300 fallen sportsmen).

kimbers
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘The new sainsburys ad. Dusty room content.’ is closed to new replies.