Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The new niche in cycling clothing…
  • sharki
    Free Member

Heading out now, grabbing some tucker then will be working my way up into hills for a bimble, will be meeting cinamon girl and knottie a bit later so I thought i’d try out my budget shorts..

Cut off cords complete with frays.

I expect them to get warm, but it’s either that or waterproof ones, or *shudders* Lycra.

Anyone else totally un fashionable.

lyons
    Free Member

Well, the fact that you have commented about how un fashionable they are, obviously means you are fashion conscious

sharki
    Free Member

Edited to mean what i meant to say, but in the excitment of looking all 70’s i forgot how to type and words things.

thepodge
    Free Member

i often ride in some cut off army surplus combats but i run padded bib shorts underneath.

Aidan
    Free Member

I rode the other day with great big flappy raceface DH shorts and a tight XC top. They were the only things clean so, what the hell.

Probably looked pretty silly, though.

crikey
    Free Member

Mountain Bikers are the vainest sports people on the planet.

RealMan
    Free Member

Mountain Bikers are the vainest sports people on the planet.

You forget road cyclists.

crikey
    Free Member

I mean compared to road cyclists, actually. Roadies put their road kit on and ride, without the seemingly constant existential angst seen on here.

myheadsashed

http://www.cordarounds.com/bike-to-work/looks/

Old hat mate – the cord thing that is

hp_source

Aidan

I rode the other day with great big flappy raceface DH shorts and a tight XC top. They were the only things clean so, what the hell.

Probably looked pretty silly, though.

Ha, I’ve just got back from a couple of hours on my ‘darkside’ dressed like that, old scruffy baggies too.

It’s about the riding not the clothing!

brakes
    Free Member

Roadies put their road kit on and ride

uplink
    Free Member

Roadies put their road kit on and ride, without the seemingly constant existential angst seen on here.

Apart from worrying about how smooth & good looking their legs are

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Whats the strangest thing you have ever worn on your bike and it wasnt for a bet?

crikey
    Free Member

I bet Mario didn’t have to ask STW about should he wear it or not, or feel the need to tell STW when he had done; like I said, roadies put kit on and ride…

Olly
    Free Member

riding shorts.
    pah

matalan medium weight ripsstop DPM shorts over 3/4 legs is all you ever need.

(though i do qutie fancy one of those dapper tweed cycling suits.
    coorrr blimey guvnr

winner.

sharki
    Free Member

LoulaBella
    Whats the strangest thing you have ever worn on your bike and it wasnt for a bet?

Leopard skin tights with Pink superman thong and pink bra, two maybe 3 laps of SITS 07.

There are pics out there, possibly in the wrong hands too.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Bloody hell Shane you are a real style guru

are you the STW Gok Wan 😉

shinsplints

There were PLENTY of fashion victims @ MM last weekend & plenty of them courier types too.There wasnt a parcel to be delivered within 300 miles of the venue though 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The new niche in cycling clothing…’ is closed to new replies.