Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • the NEW met parachute??
  • HansRey

I crashed on Sunday and landed on my face. The end result was a couple of stitches above my mouth and a few more to rejoin my upper lip. I also bust my helmet, which needs replacing.

Hence, the new Met Parachute is looking like it would be a good purchase. Has anybody got one and what do you think of it?

Lester
    Free Member

ive got one, from je james
    havent worn it yet
    it looks ok and has lots ov vents, it isnt much heavier than my urge helmet.
    the parachute is based on the bluegrass golden eye i think. it seems a little big, so i would suggest if you are in the middle size wise, that you go a size down.
    im not 100% im going to keep it.
    not a lot of help i know lol

HansRey

are you replacing an Urge Enduromatic, per chance? I had a L/XL enduromatic and it felt a little small.

What is the sizing between your met and urge helmets?

HansRey

bought a L/XL from hibike. I’ll post up some pictures when it arrives.

jamj1974

I crashed on Sunday and landed on my face. The end result was a couple of stitches above my mouth and a few more to rejoin my upper lip. I also bust my helmet, which needs replacing.

Hence, the new Met Parachute is looking like it would be a good purchase. Has anybody got one and what do you think of it?

I’ve done similar (in fact worse -100+ stitches) with a full face helmet on – so you can still get fairly severe facial injuries when wearing one.

Lester
    Free Member

not replacing, intend to use the urge enduromatic in winter and the parachute in the summer.
    i have the l/xl urge and its nice and snug, just right. in fact thats what makes the parachute feel big, it “sounds” as if the parachute would be just right for you size wize

kimbers

ive tried on a new parachute and the large felt larger than my l/xl downomatic

HansRey

jamj…. 100+ stitches?! How did you manage that?

BoardinBob

I’ve got it. Carrying two helmets in the enduros was becoming a pain. I’m:

a) Not getting any better looking
    b) A mincer

so I much prefer the illusion of safety with a full facer. New Met is excellent. No hotter than a normal helmet and not noticeably heavier. Really good fit and comfy to wear. D-buckle is a bit of a faff personally but I believe they are securer. Overall I really like it and was money well spent (£140 after some CRC codes and cashback)

jamj1974

Unseen doubles in a sudden fog that made its way up the valley. I lost my bearings and rode on the left trail with doubles rather than right trail with high berm! Landed on crest of second double.

Hit the ground in a tuck and roll, visor snapped off and went inside chin guard and through upper lip and chin. Lower and upper lip then smashed against teeth and split vertically and horizontally. All in c140 stitches… That was the least of it though – has suspected broken neck for a couple of hours….

jamj1974

I think the Parachute is good compromise BTW. As is the new Bell Super 2R.

gavstorie
    Free Member

I’ve got the new met.. It’s pretty good, fits well and is pretty sturdy..

The only downside ive found is that it is hot when there is little or no breeze around.. Significantly hotter than a standard helmet..

when there is a breeze.. its perfectly fine.. the vents do a great job of directing the air into the helmet..

It’s never going to be my go-to lid but it’s a good middle of the road helmet between a proper full face and a standard one..

jamj1974

a) Not getting any better looking
    b) A mincer

Are you me…? 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Had a play with one today. Pretty comfy and not too heavy. I was dead set against the old version but think it would sit well between my xc lid and full on dh helmet. Will wait for the Bell super2 as My others are all bell and I may occasionally use it without the chin guard.

marky29er
    Free Member

Its my only lid now, see no need for an open face seeing how comfortable this is & it doesn’t restrict breathing either
    I got a large for my 59.5cm head, it feels slightly too large tbh, but nips up using the band.
    I would have liked to try the medium, but I suspect that would have been too small.

HansRey

Unseen doubles in a sudden fog that made its way up the valley. I lost my bearings and rode on the left trail with doubles rather than right trail with high berm! Landed on crest of second double.

Hit the ground in a tuck and roll, visor snapped off and went inside chin guard and through upper lip and chin. Lower and upper lip then smashed against teeth and split vertically and horizontally. All in c140 stitches… That was the least of it though – has suspected broken neck for a couple of hours….

Woah 😯

After landing on my face, i reckon the extra protection will be worth the slight ridicule. It may also be nice during the cold, cold winter.

jamj1974

Forget the ridicule! Just don’t let the full face give you over-confidence!

Northwind

Think I might end up with one of these as well, still waiting to try the Bell 2-piece thing as well though.

Be interested if anyone can compare them heat/vent wise with an Urge Down-o-Matic?

BoardinBob

Be interested if anyone can compare them heat/vent wise with an Urge Down-o-Matic?

My down-o-matic was my “enduro” full facer. it was way too hot and stuffy to pedal in. The Parachute is a million times cooler and way more vented. The down-o-matic is pretty much a proper full facer. Only real difference is the rubber bit on the very front

Northwind

Mmm, I love my Down-o-matic, compared to a regular fullface- the front and top venting makes a bit difference. But that’s pretty much exactly what I was hoping to hear so cheers!

HansRey

Didn’t get on with my downomatic. Bit too small. My head must be massive

fourbanger
    Free Member

Sounds like you’d have had less injuries with no helmet!

HansRey

first ride with it on the weekend. The fit was nice and the ventilation is very good, especially at speed. The weather was muggy, cloudy and about 8*C. I think that it would be too warm during the summer, but for cooler days it should be comfortable.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘the NEW met parachute??’ is closed to new replies.