Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The new Merlin site
  • BoardinBob

Couldn't see it mentioned elsewhere. I don't really like it 🙁

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/

I know it's basically the same but I'm old and set in my ways. I fear change!

CHB

much prefer the old site.
    Main bugbears are that if you look at a category with lots of choice (for example front lights) then you have about 7 pages that you have to go between. If you then click on an item to find out more and then click "back" it takes you back to page 1 every time. Please, lets just have one long list with about 100 items on it.

Second, have a look at thompson seat posts. I thought they only had one size, you have to mouse over to see the options…pants as there is no indication that there is anything to mouse over. Especially when the FSA seatposts that I originally went to look at are already pre listed as 27.2 and 31.9.

I liked their old site. Thoe photography is better on the new site, but it looks like a half arsed version of wiggle now.

chakaping
    Free Member

Not being dismissive, as I find website usability quite interesting, but make sure you email them with your comments rather than just leaving here.

If you've taken the time to critique it, I'm sure they'd be grateful to hear what you think.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CHB

chapaping, absolutely agree. Though I am sure they will get sent a link to this thread at some point and it's likely to be more useful than a lot of separate disjointed emails.
    Just to clarify though, Merlin are still my on-line merchant of choice.

retro83
    Free Member

Has some improvements though. For example, mouse-over Suspension Forks now shows a popup with the subcategories (Fox, RockShox etc) without having to open an intermediate page to get there.

CHB

I like the prices, and obviously I was being over dramatic in the description of it, but there are a few tweaks to do to make it 100%.

Also…whats with the "included" thing. I get what it does. So in their sale RS forks where you can pay extra to hop up to the next better fork it makes sense. But on most items it has not context.

CHB

oooh…the included thing works really well on something like a hope tech2 brake. Its really easy to see how much extra you get stung for to recieve a brake that you can use ;-).

allyharp

At first I thought I'd gone to Wiggle by mistake! They seem to be moving away from the dark green of old.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Didnt pay much attention to the look of the site, although it seems a bit better, bottom line for me is I just bought a Fizik Gobi saddle off the website which was the best part of twenty notes cheaper than nearly everyone else, so I can forgive some minor aesthetic details 🙂

delusional
    Free Member

The layout is pretty broken in Firefox over here. It's a shame as the design very clearly borrows from other retailers, which isn't a problem in itself, however doing that and then implementing it poorly makes it look pretty bad.

I would agree about the options in the products not being very intuitive, they get pretty frustrating to use on products with multiple options as well. To be honest the site doesn't look or feel like a finished product.

daveb
    Free Member

I liked the old site when it replaced the very crap old, old site. This one isnt such a leap but am sure they will still be ironing out any issues. As said I can put up with a few 'imperfections' with the usual excellent Merlin prices.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The new Merlin site’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts