Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The new Marin Mount Vision
  • Kato

Dare I say, it’s quite a looker. Am glad that the huge swingarm has been abandoned

Not for me though, I can’t grow a beard

vegasdave
    Free Member

No,it’s still ugly..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh well, looks like lots of other bikes now.

NorthernStar
    Free Member

Shame, I liked the large swing arms. Couldn’t tell it was a Marin looking at it.

robhughes
    Free Member

Trance X ??

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That back end looks a total mud trap, there are a few more photo’s on BM which show a tiny linkage behind the BB which is just asking to catch flints and such like. Big step backwards on the old Marin UK friendly designs if you ask me.

jedi

i like it…………… i feel dirty now 🙁

Rorschach
    Free Member

Marin are dead in the water….could barely give them away last season.They had so much 2010 stock left this year is was’nt funny.
    Shame really because they are actually very good.Kona have suffered the same fate.

the-muffin-man

linky?

Can’t find anything on BM, or anywhere else!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I saw the pics of the 2012 Whyte/Marin range last week, supposedly the licencing arrangement with Whyte has run out so Marin FS are now designed in the US. I think I could be tempted by a Whyte 20 and one of the Whyte CX bikes though. 😳

DickBarton

Looks like every other full susser and doesn’t stand out…suspect it works well but has nothing to make it stand out from all the other lookalikes…which is a shame…I ride an 09 Mount Vision and it’s brilliant…no doubt that new one will ride well but it won’t be given a second look when lined up with all the others…

Saying that, the new design will mean it will fit nicely on roof racks…so the drive-to-ride brigade will be happy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Whyte/Marin/ATB Sales relationship is an interesting one…..

Whyte and ATB will win, though.

Dibbs
    Free Member

They had so much 2010 stock left this year is was’nt funny.

Really? my dealer had sold all their 2010 FS bikes (including the demo bikes) by the end of August last year and where complaining that they could have sold more.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Bloody hell that’s hideous.

walleater

Bring back proper Marins!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nah, this is a real Marin…

Coyote
    Free Member

If anyone is giving away 2010 Konas, let me know!

Kato

Muffin Man

Look here

PJM1974
    Free Member

I rather like it, but it’s a tad derivative unfortunately. If you cover the Marin logos it could easily have come from any one of a number of manufacturers. It’s a surprise too given that the new Rift Zone still has the current Quad Link suspension and looks svelte but distinctive.

Marin seems to have lost it’s way lately, whether it’s product or marketing I’m not sure. I’m hugely impressed with my Wolf Ridge, even though there are a couple of really bewildering design issues which get in the way, the type of thing that absolutely would not happen at Specialized. All the same, I like them because they’re distinctive looking bikes and the Quad Link system is great fun to ride.

BTW I stopped by Cyclesurgery near Victoria station the other day and was shocked to see a 2010 Attack Trail 6.8 for sale in my size for £1250… Yikes.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I too have a Wolf Ridge – the bright orange 2009 model, discounted from £2399 to £1399.
    I have two Marin bikes, the other being a 2004 Mount Vision and i bought the 2nd because i really like the way the Quad-Link design works.
    Not sure which design issues PJM is referring to, unless its the way you can occasionally bang your knees on the swingarm/link joint.

The new MV does look rather generic and i’ve never been a fan of rocker-link designs simply from an aesthetic perspective – always look too flimsy to me for some reason.

QuadXC
    Free Member

Think you will find that is a East Peak, Not a Mount Vision
    Lookie HERE

I build a 2nd hand bike using a MV 2007 frame and its a great bike, looks different to anyother FS bike out there (except Whyte of course)

Aah, Take it back it is a MV, D`oh!!!!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘The new Marin Mount Vision’ is closed to new replies.